Bees? Wasps? Whatever...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Putnamsmif

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Spent the morning at a local food festival. Surprisingly few wasps but lots of bees on all the jams and preserves stalls. Lost count of the number of times I had to tell people that they were not wasps but honeybees. One woman even turned to her husband after she thought I was out of earshot said "I think I know a wasp when I see one!" And they were dark, dark bees too.

I have found the same over the boarder, but I also have found over the past few day a lot of honey bees are getting very close to people and following them as they walk away, I have not come across that before as they normally are on the way or from somewhere, That Lady would love my bee's from a A/S I made earlier in the year as they are very light yellow with black stripes. Picture below, the hive they originally came from though are Black ? Different fathers then :)

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=8753&stc=1&d=1378048459

Back