• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bees wanted - near Glastonbury Somerset

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viridens

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
warre
Number of Hives
4. Experimenting with Warres after 30 years of Nationals
After many years of beekeeping, I sold up my bees and equipment here 3 years ago when I retired, moved and downsized. I miss my bees!

I have now found a corner in my new (small) garden and a hive is in place.
I put out a couple of bait hives in early May, but I have had no luck, and a swarm or cast seems increasingly unlikely now. Apparently there were swarms seen locally last year, but nothing this year...

So having started many beeks with swarms etc in the past, I now need bees myself. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Terry

I'm still checking here regularly and keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks, but you are a very long way away, and I would prefer a swarm since I am trying a Warre hive.
I have sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Hi, I hope to move down to a village near there in three weeks. I will be moving my bees. I have dwindled my stock down to four hives but only want to move two and then hope to expand once they are moved. If you get no luck then I will see what I can do for you next year.
I have two spare hives of bees here at the moment but don't really want to move them down, I was planning on giving them away up here!
E

enrico
Thanks for your reply and offer. A swarm would make things easier with my Warre, but if that doesn't happen...
I have sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Back