Bees in our wall!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezinthetrap

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
So this morning we heard A LOT of noise in the walls upstairs and downstairs..low and behold there's bees nesting in an old pipe in our wall.!

i64.tinypic.com/14sz912.jpg

Can anyone identify these bees? Will they cause structural damage to our property? What steps should we take (if any)?

I couldn't find the picture. :)

Are there a lot of bees, ie. thousands, or hundreds?

beez.jpg

I couldn't find the picture. :)

Are there a lot of bees, ie. thousands, or hundreds?

i'd say that it's hundreds - I could be wrong though! They're making a lot of noise upstairs and downstairs now..very worried! :(

Thanks Chris.

They're honey bees. If you've only just become aware of them it could be a new swarm. Get in touch with your local BBKA. Someone should be able to deal with it for you.

There could be someone on the forum who is local to you.

Last edited:
been squinting to make them out ( eyes bad with computer monitor ) the one hanging off bottom of hole sure looks like honey bee and no white behinds lol im with cussword :)

you can go to
the BBKA website there you can search for your local swarm coordinator or association

have already sent some emails to my local BBKA's now. Thank you for the advice all :)

Don't be surprised if you get little interest. To me, it looks like they are in the cavity, which will be a difficult one to deal with.

not good...there's now thousands and our back garden is inaccessible. they've also gotten into the downstairs toilet

not good...there's now thousands and our back garden is inaccessible. they've also gotten into the downstairs toilet

That sounds like an incoming swarm and they are generally placid in that state. Possibly you saw scouts earlier and this is the swarm arriving. If they are all heading in through that hole, you could try a hosepipe on spray to disperse them and then bung up the hole.
How are they appearing in the toilet? From where?

Latest posts

Back