• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bees for sale in France?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellypatt

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Friend of a friend looking to buy some bees in France (roundabout way of finding out, I know!) so I said I'd ask - does anybody have a bee selling contact? They live in Morbihan (Bubry/Guiscriff).

As in UK its best to make contact with the local beeks and see who they use, or can put you in contact with. Avoid the on line shops if I were you. The experience I am aware of with one of them is poor, (late delivery, poor condition of transport, no health cert despite promises!) Good luck.

I agree with dclewis.
I bought my colonies last year locally :)

:iagree:

Three beeks in agreement - got to be a record:icon_204-2:

The local vet may be able to put you in touch with a beekeeper in the area or your local market may have a beekeeper selling honey or your local shop may sell local honey - address on the label - time to put on the deer stalker hat Sherlock.

Thank you kindly for the agreeable chorus - will pass sleuthing recommendations on :sly:

A quick search on Google and up comes:

Syndicat des apiculteurs du Morbihan
Infos pratiques
Responsable: Gilles Lanio
Email: [email protected]
Site Web:
Adresse(s)
Syndicat des apiculteurs du Morbihan
Kerbalay
56700 Kervignac
France
Tél: 02 97 76 67 01