Bee farmer blog

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Bee farmer blog - is there one?

I want to live the life of a bee farmer vicariously, any decent blogs out there?

I have a copy of Honey Farmer at Large by Field, Oliver. I won't look at it again so it's yours if you'll give it a good home. PM me your address if you want it.

Nematode
Thanks for the generous offer but I've already read that as well as Honey by the Ton and Donald Sims' book. I enjoyed reading them all.
It's exactly the type of thing I had in mind though but what I would like to read is a contemporary version that reflects the current season's climate/forage/commercial considerations. Judging by the frequency of posts at the moment from, for example, ITLD and Chris B I fully realise where there time priorities lie.

Or are there good blogs by experienced hobby beekeepers that don't overplay the fluffy emotional stuff? Polyhive comes close on occasion to being what I want to read.
Any others out there?

Last edited:
Judging by the frequency of posts at the moment from, for example, ITLD and Chris B I fully realise where there time priorities lie.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

You could read Paradise Lost an epic poem in blank verse by the 17th-century English poet John Milton (1608-1674)
:nature-smiley-014:

Kind of found what I was looking for as ITLD (Murray McGregor, current chair of the BFA) is on Twitter, @calluna4u, and tweets regularly. Or rather he has been doing so since he signed up about a month ago.

Last edited:
Look up a member on the forum biggles if you work your way through his threads it may help

Update:

Some more that I follow on twitter, all worth a look:

@yorkshirebees
@sheffieldhoney
@cotswoldbees

And a recent blog find that I found when looking for hive barrow plans

http://theapiarist.org/blog/

Latest posts

Back