Varroa count after OA treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take
I’ll have another look and see.
Take a photo if you can and post it on here I’ll see if I can find a photo of an inspection board with both brood and stores cappings on .
Or someone might beat me to it folks???

Take

Take a photo if you can and post it on here I’ll see if I can find a photo of an inspection board with both brood and stores cappings on .
Or someone might beat me to it folks???
The general consensus after I posted these photos a few weeks agon was that the dark cylindrical items are wax moth poo but in the same pictures you can see the wax cappings. These photos were taken on the 24th dec after the boards has been in for around 7 days across 2 oxalic acid treatments 5 days apart.

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpeg
    IMG_2961.jpeg
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2967.jpeg
    IMG_2967.jpeg
    870.4 KB · Views: 1
The general consensus after I posted these photos a few weeks agon was that the dark cylindrical items are wax moth poo but in the same pictures you can see the wax cappings. These photos were taken on the 24th dec after the boards has been in for around 7 days across 2 oxalic acid treatments 5 days apart.
Yep they look like brood cappings and the supposedly wax moth poop looks to big to me and I would say they are earwig poo or something else wax moth poo is small only 2/4 mm long I’ll grab a photo of wax moth poo bare with…..

Latest posts

Back