BBC4 8pm tonight

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeap thanks for that I hadn't seen other posts.Will record at 1.30am and catch the prog after as well :yeahthat:

Last edited:
Thanks for that Thorn. I shall look forward to watching it.

Sorry Thorn,
I've already claimed the 'choccy egg'.
Thanks for bumping the info as some members missed the other 2 threads down in the 'Beekeeping Books and Media' section.
Could be a good prog. At least Martha knows the inside of a hive, unlike a lot of presenters who do progs. on bees, and most of the time they are talking out of their anus.

Tim

unlike a lot of presenters who do progs. on bees, and most of the time they are talking out of their anus.
thats a bit impolite to the people who wrote the script which they read out over various news clips, about how bees are in trouble and CCD........and about waggle dancing and pollen and how beekeepers lost 75% of thier bees last year.......and varroa.... and again about all those above but in a different order.

It's a lot more polite than I am when watching some of the **** that appears on TV and Radio on the subject.

It's a lot more polite than I am when watching some of the **** that appears on TV and Radio on the subject.

Theres a good program on later this week.... All about the Ford Mustang.

Yeh great... wonferful burble with open pipes..........

What channel????

Oh yeh.........

its on the bloody radio..........

We find that the pictures from listening to the radio are much better than elsewhere.

Sorry Thorn,
I've already claimed the 'choccy egg'.
Thanks for bumping the info as some members missed the other 2 threads down in the 'Beekeeping Books and Media' section.
Could be a good prog. At least Martha knows the inside of a hive, unlike a lot of presenters who do progs. on bees, and most of the time they are talking out of their anus.

Tim

You wouldn't have thought so watching that - she was awful, came across as a very poor beekeeper

Yes she did seem to be a poor beekeeper. Saying the queen can lay up to 1,000 eggs (thought it was 2,000 per day) and puffing smoke right in the entrance, not knowing about varroa and deformed wing virus, wearing filthy gloves, and starting the programme about having starved a previous colony.

They should have got the master beekeeper who was helping her to have done the programme instead. At least he was giving good advice (and tried not to let us notice when he got stung).

Can't wait to see the angry colony get re-queened if that is what they are going to do.

Now I have had my moan I shall still make sure I watch the rest of the series coz I get stuff wrong too. And there are not enough bees on T.V.

just bee gratefull ther showing it on tv and were not all perfect

I thought it was perfectly pitched to non Beekeepers.KISS.

I thought it was perfectly pitched to non Beekeepers.KISS.

Agreed. If it gets a few more people interested and involved then it's been worthwhile. It was not aimed at beekeepers, but at people with little or no bee knowledge / experience. Sure she made some errors and she admitted to having no beekeeping education, but there was some interesting and useful stuff. It also re-affirmed my decision to not buy a WBC hive!

Shame the bee keeper had such filthy gloves. Not a good example. Maybe the next one she will have bought some better. And when will it get beyond basic!
And WBC are fine. Lots of lifts to rest equipment on. Double glazing for bees too.

Thought the program was ok about what I expected. The other episodes maybe similar with big holes of information that we will notice but for the general public it may be very interesting.

Interestingly after this program I watched a program about the reopening of a restaurant in Manchester and thought it was a good program and I bet there are people in that industry shouting NO that's wrong at the tv.

Thought the program was ok about what I expected. The other episodes maybe similar with big holes of information that we will notice but for the general public it may be very interesting.

Interestingly after this program I watched a program about the reopening of a restaurant in Manchester and thought it was a good program and I bet there are people in that industry shouting NO that's wrong at the tv.

Exactly.

I didn't like the filthy gloves, but if it raises interest got to be good.

I was intrigued to see that to move your WBC hives it is necessary to first run the bees into a neuc and then take your now empty hive plus the neuc to site where you re-unite everything.
What a complete load of old tosh the programme presented.I don't think I will be taking too much notice of their future offerings.

Latest posts

Back