B-Day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 & 6 Nucs
Today we receive our first three Buckfast Queens from Pete at Exmoor Bees, we prepared the hives last week in readiness for the arrival of these queens. I must admit its exciting times as we kept buckfast over 20 years ago when we had almost 30 hives.

Today we receive our first three Buckfast Queens from Pete at Exmoor Bees, we prepared the hives last week in readiness for the arrival of these queens. I must admit its exciting times as we kept buckfast over 20 years ago when we had almost 30 hives.

Good luck Very exciting for you. The drizzling overcast welsh weather isn't good for opening hives today.... as I learnt to my cost. Whilst making up a nuc for a requeening project I took a sting to my chin through the veil. Most upsetting was there were so many bees on my veil I couldn't touch my face even to scrape sting away so took a full dose.Then another sting to arm and one to shoulder. Really hope my face doesn't swell up like it did last year when I looked like elephant man.

Good luck Very exciting for you. The drizzling overcast welsh weather isn't good for opening hives today.... as I learnt to my cost. Whilst making up a nuc for a requeening project I took a sting to my chin through the veil. Most upsetting was there were so many bees on my veil I couldn't touch my face even to scrape sting away so took a full dose.Then another sting to arm and one to shoulder. Really hope my face doesn't swell up like it did last year when I looked like elephant man.

I think you need a much thicker suit....I noticed yours was thin compared to mine....then you won't get stung so easily.

Street party and banners?

Back