At last...its published

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So pleased Derek. I was at the Scottish Beekeepers Day in Oatridge last month and I thought your talk was very interesting. I felt quite a few members of the audience were hostile to your talk but not everyone can approach things in a scientific way. I scribbled notes as copiously as I could but missed lots of your facts. Is there any way you would share the slides from your presentation with me ( absolutely not to use publicly) so that I could understand the data better. I'm thinking of writing an article (or it could be a book) about the use of polystyrene hives, there's not much out there apart from sales literature. I did look up the paper online but it's £35ish. I am retired and don't have an academic email. It seemed rather too technical from my view even though I have a soft engineering MSc! (Quality Management!). Do see my minutes of you presentation in the Scottish Beekeepers group on Facebook.

Yes hostile, I had my time to speak cut short by starting delays and then further by an overly long comic introduction, so I speeded up and finished in good time to allow for questions, But the time for questions was then cut again to only one pre-written then read out or rather mumbled question about Brother Adam (no microphones were provided to audience), which i couldnt really hear. I as usual, went prepared to answer many questions on all aspects of the research, as the questions help develop the understanding of the wide ranging scope. I am used to encountering some hostility and then having the time to convince my opponents, but this time I felt both the audience and myself were cheated of the chance to explore the issues together.

p.s.
I see the hostility then continued in facebook afterwards.

But the time for questions was then cut again to only one pre-written then read out or rather mumbled question about Brother Adam (no microphones were provided to audience), which i couldnt really hear.

Nice to be able to read about it on FB.

Well done Derek!

Where on FB?

And Now in print at the front of the Journal!!

International Journal of Biometeorology

May 2016, Volume 60, Issue 5, pp 629-638

First online: 03 September 2015.

Ratios of colony mass to thermal conductance of tree and man-made nest enclosures of Apis mellifera: implications for survival, clustering, humidity regulation and Varroa destructor

and a citation in the Feb 2016 BeeKeepers Quarterly in a an article on Tree Beekeeping

International Journal of Biometeorology

May 2016, Volume 60, Issue 5, pp 629-638

First online: 03 September 2015.

Ratios of colony mass to thermal conductance of tree and man-made nest enclosures of Apis mellifera: implications for survival, clustering, humidity regulation and Varroa destructor

and a citation in the Feb 2016 BeeKeepers Quarterly in a an article on Tree Beekeeping

Well done, Derek, fame at last in a free publication. Has anybody approached you about writing a less academic article for publication in something like BBKA News or Bee Craft?

CVB

Latest posts

Back