another new one :)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beehiveframes

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Hi everyone :)
I've just joined the forum :)

I'm from Bulgaria and I work for a company which produces beehive frames and I became interested in bees, beekeeping, etc. I plan to install a few beehives soon so i'm basically here to learn :)
I already took some classes, advices but I still don't know which type of beehive should I use.
Here in Bulgaria Dadant hive and Langstroth hive are very popular but I want to try something new like Smith hive or Warre.
I plan to install my hives in one of our mountains here...
I would be very grateful to take some advices from you all :) Does anyone use one of these hives? What are their pros and cons? Does the Smith hive is proper to be installed on the mountain? :ohthedrama:

Greetings from Bulgaria
Hope to hear from you soon :)

Mili

All I can suggest is to find someone who does use them before spending good money. I have a little experience with warre hives through a colleague...... Aaaggghhh! Glad I didn't go down that road!
But welcome anyway.... Keep us in touch with which way you go
E

I think I must have arrived here a couple of days ahead of you! Welcome, unfortunately as I'm also trying to learn I can't offer any advice other than to say that in beekeeping from what I have seen so far if one person offers some heart felt advise there will be someone else along soon to offer a view totally opposite, especially it would seem when it comes to hives! Good luck.

Welcome to the forum, depending on the temperature of the mountains in the winter will influence your decision on what type of hive you require, you might consider a poly hive if the winters are hard and long. Langthorpe hives are the most popular around the world so getting bits and bobs won't be a problem. Speaking to local beekeepers is always wise and find out what they use.

Thank you very much for your warm welcome and thanks for all the advices also :) I'll let you know what type of hive shall I use when decide :) I hope it will be soon... :)
REDWOOD, yes, I'm considering a poly hive as an option, because the temperature on the mountain is around - 25°C.

cheers :)
Mili

My Mum and Dad are in Bulgaria now having a late holiday, they usually bring me back some honey from where they stayed, hope it's nice. You might want to speak to Finman about bees in cold winters

Hi Dishmop,

we produce any types of frames in reasonable prices, our prices depend from the ordered quantity, usually we can produce every type of frame, it is necessary only to have the exact dimensions of that frame. The frames are made by scots pine, we offer them also and assebled. Of which type of frames you are interested?

regards

Mili :)

Hi,

I am really here to learn something. I have tried to contact Dishmop by private message but it didn't work so I wrote the post.
I also have tried to delete my last post but without success, so if you are so kind to guide me how I will do it.

thank you in advance

Latest posts

Back