Angry bees!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I intuitively feel that bees don't like mobile phones. I'd put mine in airplane mode if I was near the hive. Those things emit really high RF frequencies.
Interesting thought, have had Bluetooth switched on recently... Don't think it's the phone itself as usually have it with me.

I'd ditch those leather gloves now as well - they will be stinking of attack pheromone.

With the leather gloves I find my hands don't get as sweaty. With the rubber gloves my hands are wet through when not even half way through one hive inspection, which then makes me rather clumsy with the frames. When using the leather gauntlet gloves I lose loads of feel of the frames and dexterity, but my hands stay dry.

When you wash leather gloves, do you need to treat them with anything to keep the leather supple after washing?

If the OP is going to change the queen every time the bees have an off day it could mean a lot of new queens over the year. Best thing is to get well kitted up and check again .Sometimes if they are stroppy to just better to put the hive back together and try another day.

Are you talking about wavelength or amplitude?
Does it matter - I was alarmed to read that 3G is due to be shutdown, luckily there's still some time left for those of us without reliable access to 4G or even get a hint of the much fabled 5G; the shutdown is scheduled around the end of 2024.

With the leather gloves I find my hands don't get as sweaty. With the rubber gloves my hands are wet through when not even half way through one hive inspection, which then makes me rather clumsy with the frames. When using the leather gauntlet gloves I lose loads of feel of the frames and dexterity, but my hands stay dry.

When you wash leather gloves, do you need to treat them with anything to keep the leather supple after washing?
If you use them soon enough no but a bit of sadde soap is useful to keep leather supple.

Try wearing some cotton gloves under the marigolds. Something like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cotton-Was...cphy=9045837&hvtargid=pla-1020901360208&psc=1

Does it matter - I was alarmed to read that 3G is due to be shutdown, luckily there's still some time left for those of us without reliable access to 4G or even get a hint of the much fabled 5G; the shutdown is scheduled around the end of 2024.
Well yes... I'm trying to clarify what's going on being referred to.

I'm not a radiocomms expert but as I understand it the different G's are meant to differ in wavelength (that's part of the definition) and the amplitude is probably more linked to the power of an individual device and its antenna rather than the intrinsic nature of either 3G or 4G.

I can sympathise with rivers of sweat being poured out of gloves and the state of your hands, leather does help absorb and your hands don't suffer so much. There are some very good leather gloves and they are very soft, get a pair slightly smaller so they are tight fitting and treat them with Neatsfoot oil, it keeps them really supple. Wash while wearing, in soda solution, when dry apply the oil.
Or put up with soggy hands :(

I intuitively feel that bees don't like mobile phones. I'd put mine in airplane mode if I was near the hive. Those things emit really high RF frequencies.

Not really in the general scheme of things. Radio is just one part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Visible light is another, with X-rays and gamma radiation being at the opposite end of the spectrum to radio. Radio frequencies start (from memory) about a million times lower frequency than visible light and carry far less energy per photon.

James

I'm not a radiocomms expert
Neither am I although I do have an Inernational general operator's GMDSS radio ticket but as you say all these anti G tinfoil hat wearers are just talking absolute gibberish If it's that deadly, why do they still use their laptops and mobile devices?

Well yes... I'm trying to clarify what's going on being referred to.

I'm not a radiocomms expert but as I understand it the different G's are meant to differ in wavelength (that's part of the definition) and the amplitude is probably more linked to the power of an individual device and its antenna rather than the intrinsic nature of either 3G or 4G.

Really the "G" is just short for "generation" (a new version of the protocols involved), but in order to get greater bandwidth (which has been one of the goals of each generation) you probably have no choice but to use a higher frequency signal.

James

Latest posts

Back