Advice on vaporization

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retired bill

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I carried out my first vaporization it went well, today when I checked the vorroa board there where 17 mites.
My Question is what further treatment should I carry out I have read that 3 to 4 further treatments 5 days apart untill the mite drop is 5 or less.

Thanks

I Vaped on the 1st of January and cheked the varroa board today.

That is a low mite drop, providing the treatment was effective, and going by your location, possibly little or no brood, the one treatment should be all that is needed.

That is a low mite drop, providing the treatment was effective, and going by your location, possibly little or no brood, the one treatment should be all that is needed.
Thanks for that Hivemaker. I intend to continue to monitor the mite drop and leave the vorroa board in over the winter If the mite drop continues do you think I should vape again in the future.
Im suprised and pleased the mite drop is rated as low.

Thanks

If the mite drop continues do you think I should vape again in the future.

The mites will continue to fall for a few days after the treatment, so give it a week and see what the numbers are, but going by the initial number they should be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_4485.jpg
    IMG_4485.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back