8.5 degree's and bringing in pollen.

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the Hawthorn for foraging, just because it's in flower doesn't mean they are on it. Have a look and see if you can see your bees, Hawthorn is quite fickle, I've not seen a honey bee on any of the Hawthorn around here and we have loads of it, last year you could see the nectar in the flowers.

Check the Hawthorn for foraging, just because it's in flower doesn't mean they are on it. Have a look and see if you can see your bees, Hawthorn is quite fickle, I've not seen a honey bee on any of the Hawthorn around here and we have loads of it, last year you could see the nectar in the flowers.

Will do Steve , Hawthorne can be very erratic .

This is one of the first pages i have looked at today and by page 2 and the trolls are it it . No wonder i dont participate anymore and quite often dont even bother to look at this any more, sad days .

Stephen

This is one of the first pages i have looked at today and by page 2 and the trolls are it it . No wonder i dont participate anymore and quite often dont even bother to look at this any more, sad days .

Stephen

Pls don't be put of there are a lot of good folk on here!

Hi Steve
good point, was away yesterday but looking today, its quite warm, the Hawthorn smells quite strong but there only appear to be other types of bees, one or 2 of ours but not as many as i would expect.

there is a lot of Sweet Chestnut out near by.

..........................this is one of the Hawthorn bushes about 40-50ft from the hives, its about half the height of the oak tree in the corner and currently smells a lot. thankfully its one of the things the girls have to fly over to leave the garden so they don't bother anyone.
picture.php

By way of contrast - and please don't laugh too loud - it is flowering - just.
picture.php

there are others around a bit better but they are at the extreme of flying range.

I have had here now 2 weeks cold, and bees cannot forage pollen. The next 10 are forecasted so cold that things continue as same. I feed pollen patties but brooding is going down.

In April we had 20C weathers 2 weeks and willows bloomed.