1lb jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a 1lb jar would have a weight of 20fl oz which is approx 600ml if i remember correctly.

Very unscientific but have just measured with water at 325ml

works for me i would have done that to if i had one lol.

my calc was way out lol

dpearce4 - how much are you selling YOUR honey for? probably a bargain!!!!

seriosuly - thanks all - eventually found an online honey calculator which came up with 320ml.

a 1lb jar would have a weight of 20fl oz which is approx 600ml if i remember

Yates does it again. Nit picking eh? About a factor of 2 error, from the real answer is not nit picking! Ha, Ha. Anyone that thinks honey will float on water is jesting! That value gives an SG of 0.75. Ha Ha.

a 1lb jar would have a weight of 20fl oz which is approx 600ml if i remember

Yates does it again. Nit picking eh? About a factor of 2 error, from the real answer is not nit picking! Ha, Ha. Anyone that thinks honey will float on water is jesting! That value gives an SG of 0.75. Ha Ha.

You have that assways!

Honey having a higher specific gravity than water will sink.

Jeez! We buy them books, send them to school and they still turn out as thick as two short planks nailed together.

and they still turn out as thick as two short planks nailed together.

You are talking about yourself here, so for a change I am in perfect agreement with you.

Try using a calculator divide 454g (one pound in weight) by 600ml (your claimed volume and see what you get. Ha ha. That would float on water. Ha ha. You are right that honey sinks in water. That is because the SG is above that of water.

Jeez, I think you need to go back to school. But find a better one than the last if....

You're linking me to someone else's comment. I said nothing about 600ml.

That where 'YOU' went wrong. :smash:

You're far too quick to attack.

Last edited:
Huntsman - rab was simply giving the SG according to dpearce4 (0.75) meaning that honey would float. nothing to do with the correct SG (>1.4) or you mentioning 600ml.

untsman 666

My apologies on this one. I have checked back and yes it was not you that quoted the 600ml.

I was a little to innattentive when I posted. Probably due to so many like that in the past.

However my comments later were not directed at the original mistaken poster as yours were. He will no doubt take on board your comment.

Can't wait for tomorrow night, what's the planned argument, a half hour one or you can both book a hour session, looking forward to it.
LoL
regards to all
Steven

Latest posts

Back