Its getting Springier!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they [wasps] should be controlled where a problem exists, leave alone where they will not cause problems.

:iagree:

We have two or three known nests in our garden every year, there's always at least one is close to the house and the back door. If they leave us alone they are left alone. If they start regularly interfering with what we need to do, or if they learn to come into the kitchen, then I'm afraid that nest has to go.

Yay i'm back. & spring has sprung, i feel reborn. Lovely to be back again, just thought i would say hello to the beeks that missed me.:party:

Just wish you had actually brought the spring with you...it's so Brrrrr...

Just wish you had actually brought the spring with you...it's so Brrrrr...

Haha, we had snow this week, but its soon melted, lovely today but looking wet for tomorrow. Doesnt seem to stop the bees theyre out every day now, & building up really well, lots of nectar coming in too, i am a happy man.:)

Nice to see you back, JBG. It's been ever so quiet without you! ;)

11026588_10205069820518147_7872229742958403836_n.jpg

Its Getting Springier !!!!

6 degrees , code yellow flood warning and strong winds !!! Winterrier !! surely .... Up at the Apiary and not a sign of my little guys making an appearance !

Definitely not spring like here.
Bait hive in the garden was without it's lid this morning, and the other empty hive had the lid lifted up.
Either it was a lot more windy that i thought that night or we've had someone mooching in the garden.

I have straps on the hives all year round as it is windy here...the nucs have those stretchy Bungay ropes with the hooks. If I don't tie it down...my equipment decorates the fields!

I have straps on the hives all year round as it is windy here...the nucs have those stretchy Bungay ropes with the hooks. If I don't tie it down...my equipment decorates the fields!

Have straps on the hives with bees in. Just not the empties in the garden.

Pouring down here but set to pick up this afternoon, thinking positive, tomorrow will be lovely & its going to get better.

Had to rescue all the supers from blowing away. The wind had loosened the strap and they were all set to take off! We have to tie everything together here...anything standing on its own is vulnerable.

Latest posts

Back