Bee Haus in Minnisota

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjurisch

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Has anyone tried a Bee Haus in Minnesota. Will it handle the winters here?

Hi and welcome. You will find this is mainly a British forum. Your best bet is to find an American forum, also if you belong to an association find out what the majority use. Are the frames for the bee Haus readily available if it uses 14x12 frames.

Welcome to the forum.

A few years ago there was a shipment of Bee Hauses to the US. Kim Flottum of Bee Culture (and Ohio ?) was given a sample. I cannot recall a report from him on its use.

I would echo the thought that it may be difficult (and expensive) to get additional and replacement parts in the US.

What are winter conditions like in Minnesota ?

Has anyone tried a Bee Haus in Minnesota. Will it handle the winters here?

last year we are talking about -16F or -27c winter manybe 100F or 40c summer in the shade, So don't think i would pay $USA800 plus USA sales tax,import duty and Postage to find out

have you asked a UK retailer how much the the postage would be on 10 frames and wax?

thin un insulated plastic might get very brittle at those temperature and it is a large hive for thebees to heat Anacdotaly in the summer heat it bends and leaks bees . so i would say KISS and use a USA local hive type and supplier

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back