Question on Snelgrove and Demaree

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last edited:
With a screened board, the upper box is a separate entity nurse bees in the box below do not have access.
Ah yes. I missed that. In that case, they forage for it.

I think you are over complicating things. It is fine and normal for the upper boxes to be full of honey ready to take off at the end of summer to be extracted as normal. It's a non issue
Would it be an issue if the frames were exposed to Varoa treatment in the previous season?

I went into winter on double brood (Top box was stores). I treated frames with Varoa treatment. They came out of winter with some frames full of store's. In March I added a super and it appears they have moved the stores from the BB and into the super and capped all the frames.

Would this still be suitable for human consumption?
20240519_182944.jpg

I think you are over complicating things. It is fine and normal for the upper boxes to be full of honey ready to take off at the end of summer to be extracted as normal. It's a non issue
Would it be an issue if the frames were exposed to Varoa treatment in the previous season?

I went into winter on double brood (Top box was stores). I treated frames with Varoa treatment. They came out of winter with some frames full of store's. In March I added a super and it appears they have moved the stores from the BB and into the super and capped all the frames.

View attachment 40027

no
I treated frames with Varoa treatment. They came out of winter with some frames full of store's. In March I added a super and it appears they have moved the stores from the BB and into the super and capped all the frames.

technically no, but what treatment did you actually use?

Back