Brilliant..............................not.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossbyjove

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
ONE
First bit of weather in West wilts that I think I can open the hive up for the first inspection and I suspect multiple swarms.
Farmer next door had a small swarm on his gazebo but they were not in one clump, left a baited nuc and managed to knock some in.
Gone elsewhere.
Big clump at the base of my hive.
Put it in the bait box but it's gone elsewhere.
Can't even be bothered to open up the hive now.
Fed up with being stung financially and physically.
Tomorrows another day so I am told.

First bit of weather in West wilts that I think I can open the hive up for the first inspection and I suspect multiple swarms.
Farmer next door had a small swarm on his gazebo but they were not in one clump, left a baited nuc and managed to knock some in.
Gone elsewhere.
Big clump at the base of my hive.
Put it in the bait box but it's gone elsewhere.
Can't even be bothered to open up the hive now.
Fed up with being stung financially and physically.
Tomorrows another day so I am told.
It is hard sometimes when everything contrives to make your beekeeping life difficult ... then, on those wonderful days when everything does go to plan, you forget the bleaker days ....

It is hard sometimes when everything contrives to make your beekeeping life difficult ... then, on those wonderful days when everything does go to plan, you forget the bleaker days ....
Well said, I had one of those good days. My only hive left from winter, lost three out of four in the end, going great guns, a swarm I collected are settling in well, the two nucs I have made have laying queens, one bought and one from a neighbour's hive. All were quiet and working hard in the sunshine. A real feel good day😉

Latest posts

Back