Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
A happy and prosperous new year to you all and may the forum go from strength to strength with the help of all that conetibute (even gibberish has it's uses :D)
dihunwch y teulu
Cynwch y tân
Ewch I’r ffynon I ôl dŵr glân
O dyma’r hyfryd flwyddyn
O dyma’r hyfryd flwyddyn
O dyma’r hyfryd flwyddyn, y flwyddyn newydd ddâ

Blwyddyn newydd ddâ I chi
Wele’n llawen
Dyma’r flwyddyn wedi dôd – y flwyddyn orau fy erioed
O dyma’r hyfryd flwyddyn
O dyma’r hyfryd flwyddyn
O dyma’r hyfryd flwyddyn, y flwyddyn newydd ddâ

Old year out, New Year in - Please will you let the lucky bird in ... there - everyone's first footed now !! Good health and Good luck to all ..

Damn - I've just gone and accidentally opened another bottle of Jura!! my last one as well - the one thing I miss about the boats is the occasional chance of buying at source.Ah well, got a few bottles of Springbank left, and assorted other Scottish and Irish ones as well as half a dozen of Penderyn (excellent product in whisky and gin) and once that runs out - well, SWMBO passes their distillery on the way to work each day :D

Damn - I've just gone and accidentally opened another bottle of Jura!! my last one as well - the one thing I miss about the boats is the occasional chance of buying at source.Ah well, got a few bottles of Springbank left, and assorted other Scottish and Irish ones as well as half a dozen of Penderyn (excellent product in whisky and gin) and once that runs out - well, SWMBO passes their distillery on the way to work each day :D

No mention of the English one, St. Georges Distillery, Produced in wonderful Norfolk!!!

Happy New Year to all you Beekeepers and hopefully 23016 will be a better year than 2015

... as well as half a dozen of Penderyn (excellent product in whisky and gin) and once that runs out - well, SWMBO passes their distillery on the way to work each day :D

That seems a long commute!
It was Penderyn i was drinking last night... got a taste for it during a rainy holiday in Pontsticill. Elaine goes for Gin.
We will need to drop in there on the way past in April.

No mention of the English one, St. Georges Distillery, Produced in wonderful Norfolk!!!

Whisky distilled from slow and sluggish fen water doesn't have the same ring as crystal clear spring water from the Brecon Beacons :D

That seems a long commute!
It was Penderyn i was drinking last night... got a taste for it during a rainy holiday in Pontsticill. Elaine goes for Gin.
We will need to drop in there on the way past in April.

Penderyn's about twenty miles away from us - SWMBO works in the Welsh Government buildings at Merthyr Tudful - 32 miles each way journey.

Happy New Year folks, may your bees thrive and may your hearts be full of sweetness (honey). :)

Whisky distilled from slow and sluggish fen water doesn't have the same ring as crystal clear spring water from the Brecon Beacons :

St George's water is aquifer sourced and their whiskies are as good as any I have tasted elsewhere. A lovely local resource just up the road from me.
Cazza

All that welsh n English whisky pales against Springbanks bectar

it's a toss of a coin actually between Springbank and Jura, although the Springbank ten year old is pretty mediocre - it has to be 12 years old or older. Mind you, it's all gone to pot now with these twee designer batches with silly names - Springbank's uniqueness came from using second hand sherry barrels (trust the scots to try and save a penny or two :D) Jura's fine flavour came from using new, unused oak barrels which gives it that crisp 'pure' flavour but now we have them all using bourbon barrels, brandy barrels and goodness knows what else!! it's all very confusing nowadays.
Tasted that St George stuff a few years back when we were working that area, reminded me of cheap vodka with a dash of gravy browning.

jenkinsbrynmair;515563. Tasted that St George stuff a few years back when we were working that area said:
Jim Murray of Whisky Bible fame clearly has no taste buds then.:nono:
Cazza

try the Jura origin as it's now called - different class. I'll still stick to my guns that the 12 year old Springbank knocks spots off the ten year old (suppose I'm spoilt as we had access to the 12 year old when it was for the export market only :D )

Well its High West Campfire for me . May upset the purists but hey its only a cockle warmer .

I agree with you the 12cs batches are very good for the price and don't hang around long....there's a local Barley 16 coming out this month

Latest posts

Back