Abelo OA Vaporiser Plug (ProVap/Sub)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
100+
Hi,

This might be useful for other Abelo Poly Hive users.

I've made a copy of the brood/super plug using a hi-temp material with a center hole for the vaporiser outlet. Saves adding ekes/using entrance opening the hives or melting the poly. Handy if using a couple of units as you can leave them in situ while treating another stock and not have to kneel down holding the thing, great.

Thanks

20220129_173100.jpg20220129_172942.jpg20220129_173046.jpg

I used *Clay* for the mock and silicon for the final; maybe hi-temp mold material (silicon) or even something fancy like titanium for the final, not decided yet.

On the cheap, oak block with a copper tube insert.

Last edited:
Couple of options I'd consider
1 Cast a block in fireclay. 2 get a block of rigid fibrefax from a boiler maintenance contractor and trim to suit.

Asbestos and an old roof
Might be your lucky day. 😁15 years in the asbestos industry tells me that could well be supalux. If you look where you've helpfully drilled a hole and see the mica sparkling then that material almost certainly doesn't contain asbestos. Probably shouldn't be encouraged though 😉🙂

Might be your lucky day. 😁15 years in the asbestos industry tells me that could well be supalux. If you look where you've helpfully drilled a hole and see the mica sparkling then that material almost certainly doesn't contain asbestos. Probably shouldn't be encouraged though 😉🙂

Not Asbestos or Blue Magic :LOL:, few posts up covered a range of materials one could try :) and easy to source, cheers(y)

Last edited:
ANYTHING BUT ASBESTOS!

Do not follow this poster’s suggestion! The poster should know there are people out there that will blindly follow whatever they read.

Asbestos and an old roof
I'm sure this was intended as a joke but PLEASE .... never use asbestos of any sort for anything. Indeed, if it looks remotely like it might be asbestos or contain asbestos get advice before even touching it. Better to be safe - one microscopic fibre of some asbestos in the lungs of some people is enough to start cancer.

ANYTHING BUT ASBESTOS!

Do not follow this poster’s suggestion! The poster should know there are people out there that will blindly follow whatever they read.

Again -

I used *Clay* for the mock and silicon for the final; maybe hi-temp mold material (silicon) or even something fancy like titanium for the final, not decided yet.

On the cheap, oak block with a copper tube insert.

Ref - Asbestos; unsure where you would even find that and if you had the knowledge to identify one would assume you knew it was dangerous.
So no, don't use asbestos because that would be a silly : )