Xmas has come early .

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanrpwaacs

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
3-6
Quick everyone . Rush out and buy the next big thing . Move over flow hive . Welcome the bubblebeehive or is it a bbq ? You can save the planet with this . :D

It's been around for a while ... clearly not designed by a beekeeper ...

I had a word with my bees to see what they thought about it ...

Attachments

• honey-bee.gif
    honey-bee.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 19
Cover it in cows shooepoos and stick some crystalls on it underneath a pyrimid and you have,,,,,,

Lamborghini prices I bet !

Yeghes da

I had a word with my bees ...

You are not the first, then

In 2010 the bees began communicating with Jacqueline Freeman, a farmer and beekeeper in Washington state. Through words and images, the bees shared a courageous view of their role on Earth, including their charge to help with the evolution of humankind and agriculture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s-j2BBbhbc

In 2010 the bees began communicating with Jacqueline Freeman, a farmer and beekeeper in Washington state. Through words and images, the bees shared a courageous view of their role on Earth, including their charge to help with the evolution of humankind and agriculture.

That's a lot of eyes to see the world through LOL!

Nos da

I think my bees speak a lot more sense than a few on here at times !! I'm glad Ms Freeman's bees have a more optimistic view of where the world is going than I have ...

Man's evolution seems to be going backwards at present.. just watched the last in the series 'The Hunt' .. it's quite depressing how quickly we are destroying the last few wildernesses left on the planet.

Man's evolution seems to be going backwards at present.. just watched the last in the series 'The Hunt' .. it's quite depressing how quickly we are destroying the last few wildernesses left on the planet.
I've yet to see it. I have it recorded.
I have been speaking to my daughter about the Climate Change Conference and how I despair at the world that is being left to generations to come. How I fear that it will all go the way of Kyoto and Copenhagen and that while the Earth will survive she will do so without us.
My daughter is full of hope.......I hope it's enough to push things along.
I gave her a book called The Moth Snowstorm....do you remember those?
Do you remember so many moths dancing in the car headlights as you drove along on a summer's night. Things like that are just a memory.

Do you remember so many moths dancing in the car headlights as you drove along on a summer's night. Things like that are just a memory.

My daughter (13) is struggling through my first edition of Rachel Carson's book Silent Spring first published in 1962 and blowing the lid off the way that governments and chemical companies have ( and continue to do so) pollute our planet, mainly for their shareholders gain!

"A very depressing thing to walk into a yard in May and not hear a bee buzz"... 1957!

Nos da

Back to the original posting about the bubble hive ...

It appears to be an exercise in design rather than anything for bees. On the "About" page:
Ada Bisziok and Nicolò Donna, respectively graduates in graphic design and surveying, completed their degree together in Industrial Design in 2014 at the University of Fine Arts (LABA) in Brescia. During their academic years, a collaboration between the two enthusiasts of technology was forged, from which was born the project Bubble BeeHive .
Their particular style aims to produce works of art outside the formal patterns and preconceptions, but that is also pragmatic and focused on the real goals. Since 2013, Ada has worked at LABA as a university assistant, while Nicolò workes as FRS at Apple Retail Italy.

I've yet to see it. I have it recorded.
I have been speaking to my daughter about the Climate Change Conference and how I despair at the world that is being left to generations to come. How I fear that it will all go the way of Kyoto and Copenhagen and that while the Earth will survive she will do so without us.
My daughter is full of hope.......I hope it's enough to push things along.
I gave her a book called The Moth Snowstorm....do you remember those?

Oh Yes ... and having to stop my motorbike to clear my goggles (yes -I am that old !) of flies every three or four miles in some summer's evenings - I used to get home looking like a panda with the area between my scarf and the goggles just plastered with flies.

Laying on my back in a summer meadow watching and listening to skylarks and the crickets ... on the edge of an industrial town in Yorkshire. Watching butterflies of all sorts -not cabbage whites and the occasional red admiral - flitting about from meadow flower to meadow flower..How often do you see a meadow these days with any flowers in it ?

I too worry for my, soon to be 3 years old, grandson. I share some responsibility for contributing to the world he will inherit and I try (and have for some years now) to make amends by being more conscious of what I do and how that affects the planet. But, I fear that there simply is not the global will yet to make any massive (or even small) changes that will set the planet back on a less destructive course. I wonder just what it will take ?

God created a perfect world and then he put man on it, he sent his son here to straighten things out and what did man do ! so if you want to blame anyone for the state of the world now and in the future blame MAN.

Now the World would be a better place if so called intelligent man worked with god and all the things he created to keep this wonderful place wonderful and wonderful for our children but no MAN'S greed got in the way.

God created a perfect world and then he put man on it, he sent his son here to straighten things out and what did man do ! so if you want to blame anyone for the state of the world now and in the future blame MAN.

Now the World would be a better place if so called intelligent man worked with god and all the things he created to keep this wonderful place wonderful and wonderful for our children but no MAN'S greed got in the way.

Floods imminent?

Yeghes da

Back