Wynne Jones Foundation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumberman

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 and ahem "a few more"
About to go off down the Poly route and put in an order to the above. Their foundation seems competitively priced and it would make sense to add some on to the order to save carriage.

I've generally used Kemble foundation - can anyone pass comment on the Wynne Jones stuff?

Cheers

Pman

About to go off down the Poly route and put in an order to the above. Their foundation seems competitively priced and it would make sense to add some on to the order to save carriage.

I've generally used Kemble foundation - can anyone pass comment on the Wynne Jones stuff?

Cheers

Pman

Thought he died and they'd set up some charitable foundation for a moment.

Last order placed they supplied Th@rnes foundation or at least the sticker said it was!

Russ

I suspect therefore the somewhat odd smelling non premier stuff then.

You'll see straight away it's not as nice as Kemble foundation, but it's fine and the bees work it okay which is the main thing.

I used their frames and foundation, the frames where marked thornes seconds and both where fine. the delivery and service was first class

I've had better results with Thornes standard than Kembles.
Sure Kembles wax looked great and it smelt fresh and supple....but the bees chewed it to pieces!!!!!!!!!:banghead: Too nice, as to be almost edible.

Wynne Jones only ever has THORNES FOUNDATION and I have never had any reason to complain about it. In fact, as a family business, they are very nice people to visit too.

:iagree:

What impressed me about Wynne Jones was the parallel processing of languages - when I phoned up the conversation with me was taking place in English whilst the conversation in the office, checking delivery options, was in Welsh.

Ahh - do all the ordering in Welsh (which is a pleasant change) but we seem to gravitate to English when it comes to the credit card numbers: it must be a chapel thing - can't sully the language when discussing filthy lucre :biggrinjester:

diolch am eich cymorth. Wynn Jones ei bod yna

Rwyf wedi dod o hyd Wynne Jones cwmni mwyaf hoffus sydd yn cael amser i roi cyngor a darparu gwasanaeth super:iagree:

Wynne Jones only ever has Th**nes FOUNDATION and I have never had any reason to complain about it. In fact, as a family business, they are very nice people to visit too.

Yes, I totally agree - I visited them on a recent stop over in North Wales. I was shown around the outbuildings they use as storage areas and spent half an hour chatting about all things bee related.

The wooden frames they sell are also from Th**nes.

Cytuno'n llwyr - rhaid fod yn garcus fan hyn: mae rhai yn tueddi cwyno fid ni'n defnyddio'r Gymraeg!!:)

translated-

Agree ' heartburn entirely necessity be solicitously delicate this : he is being some ones crookedly you incline complain may he be we ' heartburn use ' group she persuading.

:confused:

Back