Windows 8 ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee-Key-Pur

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
1+
What do you think about it?

Me, well I have a problem that the pages keep minimising on there own, I think is something to do with my malware or anti virus software even though I have added many exceptions.
I don't like that there is no program list, start button or run, you have to use the old key buttons to find them, ie (widows key+r) for run, etc, to find some of these things, plus unless you get the media version, your computer no longer play dvd's.
I had to write a small program to get the start button back into my task bar, but I still don't like windows 8 yet... :hairpull:

Last edited:
Gave up on windows just over 2 years ago and went to mac and wont go back.

Windoze? - gave up with the appalling bloatware 5 years ago, now run Linux Mint - it's faster, safer, doesn't crash, and gets out of the blooming way and lets you get on with computing - am totally at a loss to understand why people pay for anything so awful as Windoze.........
Windoze 8?- if you want an annoying interface that's really only suitable for kiddy-level touch screens, there's always the execrable Ubuntu Unity - at least it's free and built on a solid base (as usual, wherever linux leads, windoze eventually follows a year or two later, and claims it's all new)

I only upgrade after a couple of years when there is a clear advantage to do so..

I'm still using XP Pro.

I only upgrade after a couple of years when there is a clear advantage to do so..

I'm still using XP Pro.

i still run an old program written in ALGOL68 pn an ALGOL emulator under linex ,why because it works

what does it do, well it works the auto reverses switch boards on the track of my o gauge loft train set

A Mac is really the only way forward... MS lost it years ago and is always going to be full of bugs and update patches.

Best investment I ever made was going to a Mac, never a problem, runs like a dream, doesn't come up with pop ups every time you turn it on... Put simply a Mac just works!

A Mac is really the only way forward... MS lost it years ago and is always going to be full of bugs and update patches.

Best investment I ever made was going to a Mac, never a problem, runs like a dream, doesn't come up with pop ups every time you turn it on... Put simply a Mac just works!

What is a pop up?

Anyone who gets one with Windows has carp security and deserves all the problems they get.

If everyone used a Mac, the hackers would have most of them down in a day.. But as it's a minority cause they don't bother.

This iPad mini is the bees knees :icon_204-2:
Had it about a week . The spell checker is amazing in that it corrects lack of spaces etc but gives the option deleting the correction .
The gesture feature takes a little getting used to.( no, rude gestures don't work)
VM

What do you think about it?

Me, well I have a problem that the pages keep minimising on there own, I think is something to do with my malware or anti virus software even though I have added many exceptions.
I don't like that there is no program list, start button or run, you have to use the old key buttons to find them, ie (widows key+r) for run, etc, to find some of these things, plus unless you get the media version, your computer no longer play dvd's.
I had to write a small program to get the start button back into my task bar, but I still don't like windows 8 yet... :hairpull:

Have used most versions of windows and must say Win8 is a big improvement. Takes a bit of getting used to but I can now find everything easily and start up is sooooo quick!
I have also used Macs and as you can see have iPhone, they are good but too restrictive IMHO with Apple stopping anything unauthorised.
S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer the original question...

As a technical person, i find it very frustrating. The menus are gone and have been having the go to the file location to run programs.

As a user, I am sure they will think its great as is clean and snappy.

Mine has been installed for about a month, but am not a serious user... I can think of nothing worse than to spend all day working with computers, to log onto another computer when i get home.

Windoze? - gave up with the appalling bloatware 5 years ago, now run Linux Mint - it's faster, safer, doesn't crash, and gets out of the blooming way and lets you get on with computing - am totally at a loss to understand why people pay for anything so awful as Windoze.........
Windoze 8?- if you want an annoying interface that's really only suitable for kiddy-level touch screens, there's always the execrable Ubuntu Unity - at least it's free and built on a solid base (as usual, wherever linux leads, windoze eventually follows a year or two later, and claims it's all new)

In the past i also use Linux Mint, but i dont trust cinamon and mate so a returnd to Ubuntu 10.04 .

Latest posts

Back