Windows 10

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee Bumble

House Bee
Reaction score
If you are thinking of buying a new computer with windows 10 - DO NOT it is a nightmare.

So far so good with new PC and W10. Don't like some of the layouts-recent files etc

I'm a dirty Mac man also.

Strangely, the current copy of Which? reckons that the current version of the A1419 iMac, is inferior to the 2014 build.

Not everything is progress.

Dusty

Not everything is progress

Maybe but my iPhone has more capacity than the first Mac I bought for my daughter in 1997. That was the size of a reasonably fat television

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    2.2 KB · Views: 116
I got fed up with the "Download Windows 10 its Free" popping up on my laptop every time I came to use it. The machine was getting very slow and freezing periodically, it became so bad that I upgraded from W7 to 10 in desperation, it has improved the laptop immensely. However, I now have to put email addresses in manually, it does not remember passwords for all sites (Bee Forum is one). I think many of my problems is the software I am using Office 2003 for example is now old hat.

Mike

I had same problem so I downloaded it got to last part and it all froze up could not get into computer had to buy another one

I'd try using a mac but I like to play the odd video game and I'm unsure of the compatibility. I don't find any problems with windows 10 though

I've only used Linux for years.

The browsers and email programs are exactly the same as on Windows (I use Chrome and Thunderbird), and although many of my contacts have had numerous attacks of malware, in over 20 years I've never had a problem or loss of data due to malware.

Linux used to be for geeks, that perception lingers on, these days it's as easy to install and use as windows (if not easier), and being opensource it costs nothing, free upgrades for life!

Can thoroughly recommend it.

I downloaded W10 to PC - and it worked with no issues.
Six months after W10 was introduced, Sony changed its Vaio drivers so I downloaded it my laptop.. no problems.

Son downloaded it to his laptop : screen kept flashing. After 3 months he found a solution, fixed it in safe mode and it works perfectly.

It's great in my view.

I've got it on my new chinese i-fake tablet. It's fine, but I don't use it for anything work wise though.

I have Windows 7 machine, and I have installed there 2 times Win 10.
In boath cases win 10 cannot turn around in the machine. It jammed totally.

Then I pushed buttom "factory setup".

I think that some unwanted program had captured my machine. That is why I cleaned it. I lost all data and many other thimgs.

I have 10 on a tablet and cant really say if it's better or worst than 7, both are crap. compared to apple technology.

what went wrong?

We were using W7 which was OK, but tempted by the free download for W10. Our PC is I7 1Tb 16MB ram so should easily have coped, but was suddenly very slow after W10. It crashed after a few days when doing an update from Windows and not recoverable to 7 or 10.
We were told it is only the update that is faulty not W10 when installed on a PC from new, so we bought another with W10, but could not use that W10 copy to recover the old PC. We then bought a recovery disc elsewhere and were able to re-boot the old PC but had lost all data, only Firefox would work.
Now the old PC cannot get email at all, but we can on the new one.

Also, W10 does not allow sub-folders in email so we could not have folders for work, friends, orders, paypal etc on either machine.
We are waiting for improvements in W10 but if they are not forthcoming will get an expensive Mac.
Or use Linux perhaps.

Last edited:
I got fed up with the "Download Windows 10 its Free" popping up on my laptop every time I came to use it. The machine was getting very slow and freezing periodically, it became so bad that I upgraded from W7 to 10 in desperation, it has improved the laptop immensely. However, I now have to put email addresses in manually, it does not remember passwords for all sites (Bee Forum is one). I think many of my problems is the software I am using Office 2003 for example is now old hat.

Mike

Remember, you only have a month to change your mind if you want to remove it then it will disable your bios and you're stuck with it. Big Brother is alive and well and living in your machines! :eek::)

I find it faster and much, much more reliable than WIndows 7. It doesn't freeze, it looks good, it has some nice features too. he only part I didn't like is that it doesn't close down disks cleanly, so that I couldn't access them from the Linux or OSX partitions, but I found a fix for that.

There's no way I'd go back!

Latest posts

Back