wild comb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rink123

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
My feeder is in a super above the brood box so I have left the crown board open for them to get to the syrup, they are building comb up, what should I do ? any advise greatly appreciated

A contact feeder goes directly on the crownborad over the hole. The foam or whatever that is shown in the picture is completely pointless. I assume it is a proper contact feeder with a mesh centre? If not, you must get one or more. Alternatively, invest in a Miller/Ashforth feeder for this time of the season.

When I use the proper feeder the bees were drowning and only 10 bees could feed at a time , I thought I was helping them out. So if I put the proper feeder on will this stop them building up?

A contact feeder goes directly on the crownborad over the hole. The foam or whatever that is shown in the picture is completely pointless. I assume it is a proper contact feeder with a mesh centre? If not, you must get one or more. Alternatively, invest in a Miller/Ashforth feeder for this time of the season.

agree get a bottom entrance feeder ASAP but in the meantime reduced the porter escape hole to two bee space

i assume that feeder is for chickens not bees

Latest posts

Back