Who has been Extracting?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00jacksonp

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
My little blighter's are filling these supers and i'm getting itchy feet and want to start extracting.

currently got 4 supers (3 full and 1 is 1/2 full . )
When I extract it will be all at the same time so i need to pick my time envelope carefully.:hairpull:

Hope it isn't part osr as it might be solid by now!!!!

All done last weekend. 90lbs.

Anything now they can have for winter.

Ivy will be the only substantial flow now if no HB or heather, and ivy honey not very nice.

OSR was taken a long time ago now.
all in jars and still not solid which is a surprise.

I would extract when they have capped one, as they will be spending their time drawing wax out, and not foraging.

Extracted mine, my first substantial amount of honey in three years beekeeping!

i got 30lb from my spring flow from this hive and I am expecting a little more from this one :)

Leaving mine for now.
Just in case.

200lb off so far,some Manleys for cut comb still on the hive and two supers coming off tonight.
They've found the balsam :)

About a gallon from one super, waiting for the last ones to be capped.

400 pounds off. My best year for a long time. The late spring seems to have gingered the flowers up with a really good flow here in S.W.Scotland.

150 lbs so far off two hives.... Mainly lime, oh god I love this time of the year!
E

360 lbs from best hive. Fireweed pastures. Many days the hive brought 12-14 lbs a day

3 lbs from one frame mating nuc.

Last edited:
I've been extracting since May and just done the last load. 324lbs from 3 production hives, leaving one full super on each of the 4 nationals for winter feed. Mead at 5lbs per gallon is going down very well indeed! ;)

Latest posts

Back