Where Is Everyone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cussword

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Still just the 1
The only person that's posted today is Millet, & we all know he'll post just for the sake of it. :) (No offence Millet)

Are all asleep, or is it because............

Last edited:
The only person that's posted today is Millet, & we all know he'll post anything:) (No offence Millet)

Are all asleep, or is it because............

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

On a serious note though, the weather is not too bad today so everyone could be doing a full inspection of there hives,:rolleyes:

Last edited:
No i was rooting around in there this morning..:rolleyes::D

Loads%20of%20bees_zpsker9fuu3.jpg

No i was rooting around in there this morning..:rolleyes::D

Don't Millet, some will believe you ;)
:icon_204-2::icon_204-2

On a serious note though, the weather is not too bad today so everyone could be doing a full inspection of there hives,:rolleyes:

Only if it's a flow hive.
You could extract as well and get this

Attachments

• 483e9da778de8555d77e33cfb1dc990b60398ceb_1_283x500.jpg
    483e9da778de8555d77e33cfb1dc990b60398ceb_1_283x500.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I'm sat at the kitchen window watching the bees coming and going and wondering how far afield they're foraging.

I have a life outside the internet....:spy:

i've been busy sorting out space in shed three ready for a large purchase of sugar at Aldi tomorrow while its on sale at 39p per kg.

Checking fondant levels and lovely day for a walk although it was only 6 degrees.

Far too cold, and far too soon, to open hives.
I know that is why i have been on the Yorkshire dales all day exercising the rabbit population with my pooch after i had a little tinkle on here this morning, and what a cracking sunny day it was, i should have went and done a full inspection after all..:D

I enjoy the winter months for a rest, look forward to getting into the bees in the spring, don't hurry , it's up to the weather when you can start the practical side

I know that is why i have been on the Yorkshire dales all day exercising the rabbit population with my pooch after i had a little tinkle on here this morning, and what a cracking sunny day it was, i should have went and done a full inspection after all..:D

At the very first practical training I attended some years ago it was stressed that you do not open a hive unless there was a valid reason to do so. Simple curiosity was ruled out as a valid reason.
I won't be opening mine for some time yet. Weather and activity levels are major factors but I also have the benefit of clear crownboards to permit quick looks without breaking seals if something may cause concern.
In any case I'm not allowed to lift anything for some weeks yet so even if I was tempted it's not going to happen :)

For the record beeks i have no intention of opening anything up at this moment in time, apart from the obvious when i need a jimmy riddle, i will be waiting till mid March or later depending on the weather just to remove and replace a nadired super on top of the brood box as quickly as i can then everything will be closed back up until April or beyond weather dependent again.

Back