What's in my ebay purchase?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjosephd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
For the fist time an ebay purchase I think I may have got some half worthwhile stuff.

Dadant/langstroth 'jumbo' bits. And some ross rounds.

Seems like a lot of stuff from someone who once made their own frames and woodwork... including a load of half finished super side bars.

However... any idea what these wavey wobbly things are? Or might be?

(Langstroth top bar in the middle for scale)

aaed29e60dfddf5e3a0fae69ebbd7206.jpg

They will be good for kindling if nothing else..:D

Haha. Indeed. Although they seem to be made of cedar?

I think this stuff is not'arf bad y'know.

Ross Rounds probably not good for kindling though. Currently have a teat one in the dishwasher. On a 55o wash. I wonder if they can cope with the 65o wash?

Can't wait to build my dadant/lang'jumbo horisontal hive! In the meantime I'll add an eke to a lang box. Oohh big frames.

a6cdb72c5a764040f06d9d482ccf6c2b.jpg

Well this dadant style spice rack is gonna be full of honey!

You will!

if / when they give way under the load of a full brood & angry bees! :ohthedrama:

Ha. Well yes. I've already tried snapping a few and not had much luck. I'm sure if I really tried I could, but then if that kind of force occurred during an inspection then I think my manipulation skills probably need a little work!

However, warning headed, I will wheedle out the knotty ones as suggested... I have too many side bars for the amount of top bars I have anyway.

Better to be safe than sorry!

Latest posts

Back