What you taught me.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmcc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
Holding my own on the BBKA facebook page, and it's thanks to this forum. See?! I do listen ;)

Well done you :). I just tend to lurk as too afraid to post anything most of the time being a beginner.

Just go for it Charlieanne!! When I'm around other bee keepers I turn into a complete novice and everything I have learned just disappears from my mind lol, but on some things I know I'm right, because I've seen it here ;)

Erichalfbee, I love how no one has winter losses or loses swarms. Makes me chuckle ;)

PS, I suspect I'm right about that bee, but then it's none of my business ;)

Erichalfbee, I love how no one has winter losses or loses swarms. Makes me chuckle ;)

ha ha ....I'm surprised BBKA hasn't been asterisked out as a swearword here ;)
You should look on the londonBKA Facebook page.
You can tell it's in London :)
They have a "Forage Officer"
Here we can only manage a Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and a vacant position for education.

Last edited:
Bbka fb page is either icing suger or a shook swarm

Bbka fb page is either icing suger or a shook swarm

Thats a bit harsh really.
Some nice people there.
Some others that wont change their ideas and refuse to accept new ideas but generally nice folk.

:confused: What's one of those supposed to do?

Mark Patterson, if you are lucky enough to run into him, is a serious and very able beek in I guess his late 20s who brings real commitment to the role. Eg working with local authorities to plant eg Lindens instead of London planes. And the whole area is drowning in free packets of bee-friendly seeds because when companies call LBKA to come put a hive on their roof, he has the nous to talk them into donating for seeds instead. Latest wheeze is a N/S forage corridor across the whole capital. A role like that is what you make it and I am impressed

Add: to be clear, I am outside the (central) LBKA area and have met him through his outreach to other BKAs.

Last edited:
Latest wheeze is a N/S forage corridor across the whole capital.
Add holes in garden fences and perhaps the next generation will grow up knowing what a hedgehog looks like first hand.
Excellent thing to be doing. It would benefit all sorts, not just bees.
Brilliant bit of public relations. Well done.

I would not even bother to look. But getting bad enough on here on the beginners section.

You should RAB, it's quite entertaining.

Kazmcc - you have come SO FAR - be loud and proud ! Well done you !!

Thank you everyone :) I'm on so much medication these days I can't hold a thought in my head but it must be going in somewhere. Someone else has come along who agrees with me. It can be scary being the first person to comment, and that comment is pointing out there may be something amiss, but I was reading up on diseases over winter and it was very obvious, so I thought "Ahh what the help. If I'm wrong then I will have learned something new"

Queens59!! So good to hear from you! I hope you are well. Been looking out for you posting :)

Add holes in garden fences and perhaps the next generation will grow up knowing what a hedgehog looks like first hand.
Excellent thing to be doing. It would benefit all sorts, not just bees.
Brilliant bit of public relations. Well done.

You should RAB, it's quite entertaining.

Maybe he should post on there, he wouldnt last 5 minutes :icon_204-2:

Back