• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What would be a sencible offer .

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanrpwaacs

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
3-6
The farmer i know and whose land i keep bees on has been in touch with me . His friend has become very ill and the outcome is final . He wishes to clear out all of his kit before it happens . As a newb i am unsure what would be a fair offer . Its a very sad situation . The list is as follows .
f5248d0f6e47b10a2f34391b3577194f.jpg
f5b2714fe0cd6cafbbcb0ffeef65191e.jpg

Any pointers would be very helpful .

The farmer i know and whose land i keep bees on has been in touch with me . His friend has become very ill and the outcome is final . He wishes to clear out all of his kit before it happens . As a newb i am unsure what would be a fair offer . Its a very sad situation . The list is as follows .
f5248d0f6e47b10a2f34391b3577194f.jpg
f5b2714fe0cd6cafbbcb0ffeef65191e.jpg

Any pointers would be very helpful .

Ask him to price it in his opinion, a fair and reasnobly price for all and take it or leave it, my opinion.

And God Bless him, just come from a funeral today , a tragic death, so foremost would be being reasnobly with the Gent so as not to cause any stress, as I am sure you intend to be,

Best Regards

Last edited:
Thank you . I will do that . As you say i would not wish to cause him stress .
Regards Dean .

The bees alone (2 Nationals) with healthy strong overwintered colonies - prices this spring for similar colonies look to be £250 - £280 each. The kit, some of it a bit iffy and used - but there's a lot of it ... if you had to replace it new a quick tally up .. getting on for £1000 ... so I reckon a fair price for the lot would be in the order of £800 - £1000. Virtually a complete set up for a beginner - perhaps an extractor would be the only thing that is not there. Oddly, he would get more for it splitting it up and selling it separately - the reality is that collections of kit don't often fetch as much as they are really worth.

Depending on the condition of the stuff if he asks you for an offer price I'd start around £750 which would be a bargain but you will have to watch his face and be prepared to go up. He may well be just glad to see it go in total as a legacy of his beekeeping.

Latest posts

Back