What did you do in the Kitchen Today ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made up another batch of Lip Balm. Good returns for the amount of bees wax I use.

Id like to know how you do this? as I'm making a list of all things i can do when i get started.

Is it easy to make?

Loads of different recipes.

A good base is coconut oil and beeswax. That in itself is a good balm. Just heat the two to melting point and decant into small containers.

I like to add peppermint, tea tree and eucalyptus to mine once melted and cooling.

I made up a small batch of candy for bee feed.

Must do better ..... Caught some earache about messy working.

Made up another batch of Lip Balm. Good returns for the amount of bees wax I use.

Do you have certified assessments for your lip-salve or do you just go for it?
I made some and it went down well with friends and family - but the complexity of the legalities around selling it, put me right off .

Do you have certified assessments for your lip-salve or do you just go for it?
I made some and it went down well with friends and family - but the complexity of the legalities around selling it, put me right off .

Only 'sell' it to friends and family, I agree with you, its costs £150 to have up to 5 products tested I think. So unless you are making and selling vast amounts then its not worth the expense.

Back