Well that's a surprise

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itchy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lost count and can't keep up
Checked a nuc tonight. It was a very small group of bees (about two cupfulls) that were found in an empty room against the window. I assumed it was part of a swarm that potentially fell down the chimney. I vacuumed them off the glass and put them in the nuc.
Unbelievably, eggs and brood!

Checked a nuc tonight. It was a very small group of bees (about two cupfulls) that were found in an empty room against the window. I assumed it was part of a swarm that potentially fell down the chimney. I vacuumed them off the glass and put them in the nuc.

Blimey your technique must be excellent, vacuuming is usually my last resort well done indeed,not worthy

. . . . . . . . . I vacuumed them off the glass . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Truly unbelievable, must have been a special vac?
Variable powered German one, beginning with M?

Or Mr "D" ? ?

Or Mr "D" ? ?

What you need is an 'Ash vac' type of attachment. A hose leading to a chamber with a filtered outlet to the real vacuum cleaner. The bees end up in the 'ash' chamber. By varying the amount of air bled into the vacuum's hose (bypassing the ash chamber) you can adjust the suction at the collection point.
Nevertheless, still only an "if all else fails" technique.

See also (for example) http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24255

I bought mine one as a joke for Christmas - she didn't speak to me for a month.................
...................which was nice :)

I now understand why it's left around for you to trip over

Or Mr "D" ? ?

Cheapie Samsung one

Latest posts

Back