Wax Harvesting

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried all of these things over the years. They take loads of time and effort and really are not worth it except for self satisfaction. Even candles are a waste of time, getting the wick size right is hard work! I just eat/sell my honey and light fires with the wax. No mead candles or beauty creams for me any more!

Mead might do you some 'good' but probably too far gone for the beauty cream? :)

Could use the wax for hair removal, I suppose. :) May be a bit too hot for that without something else in it?

ITMA , I put a thermometer in my solar wax extractor this year and on a sunny mid-summer day the temperature reache 92 deg centigrade. Methinks it would take an asbestos coated pathogen to survive that day after day - so I'm pretty well convinced that this treatment will sterilize the wax. If I was unfortunate enough to have bees infected with AFB or EFB then standard destruction of bees wax and equipment would be followed.

Latest posts

Back