Wasp hunting

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Having got a bit bored with wasps in the yard getting into anything and everything even remotley associated with honey or bees i spent 40mins watching them fly about and following there path, handily they fly in very straight lines when on the way home, with a bit of patience, good eyesight and a tub of wasp powder i have now located and hopefully killed 6 nests all within 150m of our main yard! All were underground in old rabbit warrens hopefully that will reduce the stress levels for all the horsey girls who share the yard as i think they were getting a bit worried. I will re do the exercise next time im up there and hopefully find some more!

I had been using wasp traps and to be fair they had killed alot but having found one hole where there were 2-3 leaving every second i don't think any ammount of traps would have kept up with that nest.

C B

What about the flight paths of those horsey girls? Do you need help studying them? ;)

They tend to fly/run away in a straight line when i get near them ;)

Latest posts

Back