• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Beginners hive and equipment - Bristol area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilf1234

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi. I'm ready to start beekeeping and looking to get hold of everything from a hive (deep national), tools, suits etc. PM me if you have anything you think I might need.

Thanks

W

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sadly you can't buy experience. Good luck, let us know how it goes
E

Are you after a hive with bees? Or a nuc with bees?

Hi. I'm ready to start beekeeping and looking to get hold of everything from a hive (deep national), tools, suits etc. PM me if you have anything you think I might need.

Thanks

W

Ideally it would be beneficial to join a local beekeeping association and gain some experience.
However if you wish to jump in at the deep end you could get a poly nucleus hive with an extra brood box for £50 or so and tools off Fleabay and frames/wax etc for under £100. Cost will begin to escalate once you have bees I can assure you of that.
I hope you are successful. There's a lot of help/hinderance here on the forum and it's very helpful from time to time.

2 x Hives, Standard National for now as most Nucs will have standard brood frames.
22 Brood Frames with wax foundation
44 Super Frames with wax foundation
I prefare Hoffman.
A bee suit + Gloves
Hive Tool
Smoker
A Carry Box for tools
Note Book
Ratchet Strap
A Syrup Feeder of your choice.
Haynes Bee Manual (Book)
A deck Chair so you can sit and watch the hive.

Come back next year and we can add a lot more to that list..:D

Thanks

W

My dad is selling all of his bee keeping equipment, it's everything you will need even books, there's a big long list available if you are interested? He's elderly and finding it too much now. He's only selling it altogether.

My dad is selling all of his bee keeping equipment, it's everything you will need even books, there's a big long list available if you are interested? He's elderly and finding it too much now. He's only selling it altogether.

Hi Debs,

Very interested to take a look at the list and cost if it's still available?

Get some experience first in the form of training or shadowing a beekeeper.

Then you can start to learn how to keep bees.

Thanks

W

Thanks

W

Are you looking to buy or hoping for donations?

Latest posts

Back