Vevor extractors again!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I've searched the forum but can't find the answer.

Am I missing something obvious?
On Ebay there a new 4/8 frame vevor extractor £128.39.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32532891...O7Xd1wMQCe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The 4 frame vevor manual is about £50 more expensive, so the 4/8 seems a better deal to me, or am I missing the blinding obvious?
There's also a no name electric 4/8 that is £226 that I imagine is very similar
4/8 Frame Electric Bee Honey Extractor Beekeeping Equipment Stainless Steel 220V
Hopefully the links work. {knowing me they won't}
Edit. It didn't, this might.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11595511...uid=VO7Xd1wMQCe&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Last edited:
Thanks, I had read that thread, but I was looking for more of a confirmation that the 4/8 the better option that it seems to be over the dearer 4 frame extractor. It seems counter intuitive that the bigger one is cheaper.
The electric one seems a better deal possibly, although it's unbadged.
Surely the 4/8 and 4 is the same extractor?

From the pictures on the vevor website it looks like the 4/8 takes 4 tangentially and 4 radially. If the dimensions are to be believed, the barrel is actually slightly smaller than the 4 frame version.

Whereas the eBay advert for the 4/8 looks identical to the 4. God knows which version you will get.

Oh and the dimensions of the basket are definitely wrong on the vevor website for the quoted barrel size.

Well, well. I've got one of these. Bought it last year. It's big. It's clunky and it's crude but it spins and extracts honey. I've only got a couple of hives tbf but a powered extractor makes everything so much easier. Never crossed my mind that I could use it to extract four radially. What a plonker. I just lay four against the sides, where they don't actually fit. But as the instructions were minimal and hopeless I just guessed. And you'll need a pack of 8mm ball bearings and some food safe grease for where the axle slots in at the bottom of the tank, as the bearings can get lost when cleaning out.

Well, well. I've got one of these. Bought it last year. It's big. It's clunky and it's crude but it spins and extracts honey. I've only got a couple of hives tbf but a powered extractor makes everything so much easier. Never crossed my mind that I could use it to extract four radially. What a plonker. I just lay four against the sides, where they don't actually fit. But as the instructions were minimal and hopeless I just guessed. And you'll need a pack of 8mm ball bearings and some food safe grease for where the axle slots in at the bottom of the tank, as the bearings can get lost when cleaning out.
Is it the unbadged electric one you have or the 4/8 vevor?

@Martin S did you take the plunge and order the vevor 4/8?
No, I'm trying to do a deal on a unbadged electric one from Germany, it has the basket as post#8.
I'm not having much luck.
There's several on Ebay, but it seems it's one warehouse using different sellers names.
It says make an offer but they all counter offer exactly the same amount which is more than the advertised price!
I'm probably going to go with a similar model, nearly £50 cheaper, identical apart from the basket, but it is supplied from the UK.

If you are prepared to have the hassle of importing from Germany, then have a look at Nisala extractors https://nisalashop.eu/ . They sell on the German eBay too.

Video of Vevor extractor basket being adapted for radial . Doing it this way you might be able to put 8 in radially (arranged like the Lega 6 frame).

The radial configuration in the photo above doesn't look very wide, and restricts the tangential space. In the old basket people said they could fit 8 supers tangentially, which may not be possible with the radial option.

No, I'm trying to do a deal on a unbadged electric one from Germany, it has the basket as post#8.
There's several on Ebay, but it seems it's one warehouse using different sellers names.
It says make an offer but they all counter offer exactly the same amount which is more than the advertised price!
I'm probably going to go with a similar model, nearly £50 cheaper, identical apart from the basket, but it is supplied from the UK.
No
fair enough, I’ve too noticed that the cheaper extractors on eBay seem to be sold by multiple sellers in the same town.

I’ve too noticed that the cheaper extractors on eBay seem to be sold by multiple sellers in the same town.

I believe sometimes that's an attempt at a tax dodge. For instance running multiple accounts "apparently" for different people/organisations to avoid having to register for VAT by keeping the sales for each one below the threshold.

James

Back