Varroa natural mite drop

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need not to explain to Nanetti about varroa.
Nanetti is the most respected varroa researcher in ther world.
He is an Italian beekeeping professor.

I did start my post "with all due respect", believing this would show my respect for Nanetti's undoubted contribution to understanding the beast.

I did start my post "with all due respect", believing this would show my respect for Nanetti's undoubted contribution to understanding the beast.

I do not understand you at all what you try to mean

Nanetti does not need your respect. He is a splended researcher and his reports are easy to understand and full of information. Others have followed him to see, is he right. Yes, he has been.

You clearly said that when Nanetti lives in Italy, and his researches are without value in other countries.
In Finland his knowledge has worked well, because Seppo Korpela was in the group and they tested basics of varroa in different countries and they measured efficacy of different stuffs in Finnish conditions.

If information does not fit to UK, it does not fit. No one can help you there.

The basic is that guys in UK are unable to read research texts which has been written with English language.

-

Last edited:
I have also had very low varroa drop this year, I have put this down to using hive maker's thymol treatment in autumn last year (I didn’t use oxalic in winter). Although I suppose it could be due to environmental factors that I am not aware of.

The two years before this I have had really bad varroa amounts and was using varroa guard and apistain strips, which I think they must have been, to some degree resistant (didn’t check this though). I had DWV all over the place a very depressing sight, that and seeing the little bas**** running all over the comb.

At the risk of being like farmers who treat unnecessarily I am defiantly going to treat again with thymol, the risk is too great not to, I am not having all the gains of this year replacing the ones which starved over winter lost because of not treating.

Just my situation and view not trying to impose it on any one else.....good luck with what ever you do.

I do not understand you at all what you try to mean

Nanetti does not need your respect. He is a splended reaseracher and his reports are easy to read and full of information. Others have followed him to see, is he right. Yes, he has been.

If you believe Nanetti would deny local conditions affect varroa population dynamics then you are even more of a fool than your frequent bombastic rants show you to be.

You clearly said that when Nanetti lives in Italy, and his researches are without value in other countries.
No, I didnt.

The basic is that guys in UK are unable to read research texts which has been written with English language.

Thanks for your opinion, it becomes plain why the beekeepers of Finland have no need of your wisdom and you feel you should spread it here.
;)

If you believe Nanetti would deny local conditions affect varroa population dynamics then you are even more of a fool than your frequent bombastic rants show you to be.

Oh my goodnes!!!!!!

I have read tens of them. Why you ask so stupid question: First you answer and then you ask. Is that a widely used strategy to poke other humans. I call it stupidity.

Your not read any of Nanetti's reasearches. They are full of local variations, how stuff works in local moist, hot, late brooding and what ever conditions.

That is exactly what he has done: Locally fitted treatments!!!!

And that we have done too in Finland. Locally fitted treatments.

You do the same there: Locally fitted treatments.

We have not beekeeping researcher, that is why members of society have volunteer group again and they search for new problems of varroa.
The leader of group has 1000 hives and he is really a smart guy.

Finland has 35 years experience about varroa, and we have much professional beekeepers who has contacts to other countries. We have close contacts to germany, allways been.

And what motivates them: They have good friends and they can travel and put the costs into tax clarifications as cost. They get travelling costs back in tax paying.

And what you finally try to tell me, I have not a slightes idea

Last edited:
[ why the beekeepers of Finland have no need of your wisdom and you feel you should spread it here.
;)

hehe heheh heheh

They do not need my wisdom, because all beekeeprs here have the same information, how to care varroa. They are all written in Beekeeping Society's magazine and in Home Pager of society.

Every hive owners know how to treat varroa. Otherwise varroa will kill their colonies in 2 years. So simple here. If yiou make your own recipe, höh hö. These are 15 years old things here....

I have no my own information. All are from 10 years old EU Varroa Group.

I am sure that you have ever been even near University House. Your thoughts are so amazing, so local, so local.

.... why to spread to this forum: Good questions.....

.....when I first time gove advices about oxalic acid trickling 7 years ago, the guys in forum changed the numbers to their own. Just like that. Nothing was holy.

......and the same guys here are spamming year after year. get a life Mr Boot.

lets go to take our daily pills..........I know very well that spamming group.

Last edited:

here is the answer

Lillin Lillin lieru
Lillitä pääsi pieru
keskellä kirkon mäkkee
siitä tuli suuri häppee

Lilli is a girl name

They do not need my wisdom, because all beekeeprs here have the same information, how to care varroa.
Is that supposed to be "cure" and not care!!

If so then all our problems are solved.

hehe heheh heheh

Every hive owners know how to treat varroa. Otherwise varroa will kill their colonies in 2 years. So simple here.

Finman previously wrote on 8th August 2013, 11:54 AM

Once I mated queen with a "feral" colony which has been 8 years inside an empty dairy mill wall. Never again! Awfull.

One of those statements has to be wrong .

Which one is correct statement .

Finman previously wrote on 8th August 2013, 11:54 AM

Once I mated queen with a "feral" colony which has been 8 years inside an empty dairy mill wall. Never again! Awfull.

One of those statements has to be wrong .

Which one is correct statement .

wow.....heh heh he.
Enjoy that

as you know in Great Britain, that that kind of holes, where bees are decades, will fill quickly with new swarm when colony dies....
What else I have lied....he heh heh

wow.....heh heh he.
Enjoy that

as you know in Great Britain, that that kind of holes, where bees are decades, will fill quickly with new swarm when colony dies....
What else I have lied....he heh heh

Ah a FINMANISM

I must tell a story about our ex head of public works.
One council said that ever time when the head opens his mouth,
it costs 1.5 million euros to city.

- how is that!

- when he says something, the workers of the City (44 000) stop working and they start to discuss, what he said, and the price of lost working hours are that.

Every hive owners know how to treat varroa. Otherwise varroa will kill their colonies in 2 years. So simple here.
Does "here" mean Finland?

I must tell a story about our ex head of public works.
One council said that ever time when the head opens his mouth,
it costs 1.5 million euros to city.

- how is that!

- when he says something, the workers of the City (44 000) stop working and they start to discuss, what he said, and the price of lost working hours are that.

Should be dismissed from their jobs then.. They'e paid to work, not stand around talking.

If you disagree with the good advise that's given, then don't treat your bee's' your loss, your money....

Last edited:
I've never seen so many AH's all in one place. If you disagree with the good advise that's given, then don't treat your bee's' your loss, your money....

statements such as "if you dont treat your bees, they will die in 2 years" mean nothing,, because,
If you (anybody)treat yours and they didnt die, doesnt mean that they would have died if you hadnt treated them....

how do I know?

I (and others) have never treated, and I have never lost a colony by not doing so.

Back