Two Nights Before Christmas

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cussword

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Still just the 1
‘Twas two nights before Christmas, and all through my house, not a creature was stirring, just a risk-taking mouse.
Then all of a sudden there came a great smash, I looked through the window - it was a sleigh crash.
The sleigh was quite battered but seemed quite unbroken. Some language I heard – that was better unspoken.
Out staggered old Santa a-rubbing his eyes, took one look at me and exclaimed in surprise: “what’s this? You’re all grown up, you’re supposed to be ten, don’t tell me the sat-nav has done it again?”
I gently explained; “This is hard to believe, but you’re early; tomorrow it’ll be Christmas Eve”.
“Your sat-nav is fine; it’s your eyesight that’s wonky. That’s not Dancer or Prancer,- you’ve hitched up a donkey”.
He sighed and he told me “I think you are right, I’ve been bothered, but I thought it was a trick of the light. I suppose that it’s OK that I’m early not late, but it’s really quite silly to misread the date”.
The unhappy chappie looked so woebegone. That I said “We know just where you ought to have gone”.
Then I drove him on down to a place that was local, and they fitted him up with some new specs (bifocal).
Then I took him back to rescue his sleigh, and he thanked me profusely and went on his way.
Then all that remained was the place where his Ass, had made quite a meal of my small patch of grass.
Perhaps it was his way of paying me back, or maybe the parcel had dropped from his sack?
Either way, it was simply an old dream come true, I could send him a letter – floated up through the flue.
But a loco, a train, and a roomful of track? There just isn’t a chance of him getting that back

I have to confess not my own work, I found it on an old scrap of paper that fell out of my wife's Christmas card list book.

Last edited:
Next Poet Laureate?

Latest posts

Back