Tin roof and condensation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BernardBlack

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
So, it’s that time of the year where I notice the condensation under the tin roof on my shed, and its dripping onto everything.

Trying to keep my cupboards/shelves/tools etc as dry as possible.

Would a few plain sheets of white polystyrene under the roof get rid of the condensation? Or at least stop it from dripping onto things below?

So, it’s that time of the year where I notice the condensation under the tin roof on my shed, and its dripping onto everything.

Would a few plain sheets of white polystyrene under the roof get rid of the condensation? Or at least stop it from dripping onto things below?
Yes. Try the rolls of silver backed bubble rap they sell at Screwfix. It goes a long way and is waterproof as well as insulating

Yes. Try the rolls of silver backed bubble rap they sell at Screwfix. It goes a long way and is waterproof as well as insulating
Do you have any links? Can’t seem to load any specific items on their site

Yes it will help but kingspan or equivalent is more robust/rigid. Be aware some condensation will still form above it and if you have joints in the board drips may appear there. A full length from apex to eaves will avoid that problem

Proper insulated roof panels work well. I did an outbuilding with them some years ago.

Did you mean polystyrene or PIR board? PIR is a different and far more effective material. Murox's panels look a good long-term solution.
I was thinking the ordinary polystyrene sheets (as I assume it would be cheaper).

PS. I have a couple of Perspex sheets for daylight (shed not connected to electricity), so that will make things trickier.

Latest posts

Back