Three mesh suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you buy one DON'T buy a cheap one. The zips are under a lot more stress and they give way.
They aren't that expensive £120 from M's.

Its from Pakistan which means kids will be stitching them together for £5 per week, i bet the workmanship would not last two minutes.

What isn't made in that style that we buy nowadays?

I have the Jkt I bought direct from the USA expensive but so far bee proof and heavy

I have the Jkt I bought direct from the USA expensive but so far bee proof and heavy

If it's heavy where is the benefit of the mesh? We run BB lightweight suits and don't have an issue, certainly NOT heavy, and they dry in about 30 secs on the line.

If it's heavy where is the benefit of the mesh? We run BB lightweight suits and don't have an issue, certainly NOT heavy, and they dry in about 30 secs on the line.

So what? each to their own

I have a full suit, it is heavier than my Sheriff, but not excessive especially when you are wearing it. Just going slightly off topic, think about knight's armour. Weighing around 60lbs, you could walk, run and do cartwheels. Not like the old films when they were seen to be immobile. Just a bit of nerdy info.:D

If you buy one DON'T buy a cheap one. The zips are under a lot more stress and they give way.
They aren't that expensive £120 from M's.

Bought one from Maisie's, had to change the hood as bees could sting head and face through it! Apart from that, although bulky is a nice suit for current weather
S

At least with a supplier like maise's you have someone to deal with. Not like some of the eBay crowd.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Steer clear of the one from Beeproof suits.
Just badly designed to the point that that stings to the sides of my face as the hoops finish to close together. After a 3rd wash the hoops broke their stitching and sliced my face putting it on. Company sent a replacement veil for the wrong jacket then refused to do anything more.
Just as well it was only a spare for my Sheriff suit.
The three mesh idea is a good one, just be careful where you get it.

Bought one from Maisie's, had to change the hood as bees could sting head and face through it! Apart from that, although bulky is a nice suit for current weather
S

Not exactly a ringing endorsement! :icon_204-2:

Head and face are the places I want to be stung the least!!

Latest posts

Back