Threads could show who the OP is

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi to the mods (or the forum owners)

I think you use the same software as some other forums I'm on.
One of the great features on other forums is to show who the original OP was in the threads (I find I don't take note of who it is and then have to scroll up to see who it is).

Like this where I was the OP:
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 22.04.20.png

vs a post I made where I wasn't the OP:
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 22.10.27.png

Just a suggestion.....

Why ? I tend to read threads from the beginning but if you look at the latest threads screen - it does show you who the thread originator was there ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-05 222343.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-05 222343.png
    404.2 KB · Views: 0
Why ? I tend to read threads from the beginning but if you look at the latest threads screen - it does show you who the thread originator was there ?
Yes but while I'm getting into the thread I sometimes then want to know who the OP was.
It's a feature that users on other forums quite like. I take it none of the forums you are on have this feature? (no insult please, question meant at face value)

Yes but while I'm getting into the thread I sometimes then want to know who the OP was.
It's a feature that users on other forums quite like. I take it none of the forums you are on have this feature? (no insult please, question meant at face value)
No insult ... No .. it's not a feature that I have noticed - or felt the need for - but I can see why you might like it. Not my call - Mods don't have the ability to change the forum format ... in fairness, the forum has been set up pretty much like it is now, with only a few changes, since it first came into being and you, as far as I can recall, are the first person to suggest it.

If it is easy enough to implement it would be interesting to do so and then a month later to take a poll to see who likes/uses it.

Where I use it the most is on MotorhomeFun which has thousands of posts a day. I look at the topic to decide which threads I want to read (sometimes influenced by OP). If the thread gets busy and I catch up a day later I go straight to the new posts (just like here). At that point I sometimes want to know if someone is the OP. Bearing in mind some threads get really long on MotorhomeFun so scrolling to find the OP means you go way off your current position and/or page and then need to find it again.

But I guess our forum here is much quieter so easier from that point of view to check who is the OP.

Check this out now.

Latest posts

Back