This might sound silly but

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief ... I'm away for a day and WINTER arrives ... what happened to Autumn ?? Finnie will be along in a minute ... he must have finnished extracting by now ?

He won't be interested inthis thread - I reckon he's on something with more kick than a bit of blow

I do not condone drug abuse of any form but I sometimes wonder why if drugs like Diazapam and hundreds more which are available on prescription and and are addictive and are used by addicts, then why should cannabis not be more readily available on prescription, if it is the wonder drug. Maybe it is more addictive or contains more damaging chemicals - I don't know

Maybe it is more addictive or contains more damaging chemicals - I don't know

Firstly can I ask your age and secondly please spend and hour and a half out of your life and watch the union on YouTube. It'll explain quite a lot for you because its clear to me you know nothing about this stuff. This is at a guess here but id say you'd have had a wee drink in your time or even a wee puff of a cig, maybe even a coffee or an headache tablet so I guess condone was abit to strong of a word to use.

URL]

I do not condone drug abuse of any form but I sometimes wonder why if drugs like Diazapam and hundreds more which are available on prescription and and are addictive and are used by addicts, then why should cannabis not be more readily available on prescription, if it is the wonder drug. Maybe it is more addictive or contains more damaging chemicals - I don't know

makes better cloth than cotton, a better high than tobacco with less problems, good agri-business reasons for it being banned.

If people could see the pain these families are suffering, and the great improvement in their children's health, nut job would not be in the discussion.

Irish Guy was agreeing with you on the benefits, Mike.

I also like Swarms last couple of posts, pretty much the same as i think about it.

Last edited:
Don't understand what you're trying to say Derek.

IF drug Barons wanted to invest in political lobbying and sponsorship to keep certain drugs illegal then lobbying the U.S. Federal government would be the most cost effective place in the world to do it.

Centralised control of a big market,
high international trade influence
well developed lobbying industry for camoflage
A political system with an insatiable demand for cash

Last edited:
Curing the caner is tall tales, alleviating nausea while on chemo for some sufferers is fact.
Purely hypothetically, it might just be possible to keep bees at the end of a poly tunnel full of gange and harvest some interesting propolis;)

IF drug Barons wanted to invest in political lobbying and sponsorship to keep certain drugs illegal then lobbying the U.S. Federal government would be the most cost effective place in the world to do it.

Centralised control of a big market,
high international trade influence
well developed lobbying industry for camoflage
A political system with an insatiable demand for cash

A lot of if's.

I have seen the long term affects of cannabis on young people and it's a real problem. Also seen a young girl crying in a hospital bed when the doctor had told her that her liver has given up because of her drinking habits, there are national health guide lines on how much alcohol one can drink, perhaps there should be a guide line on how much cannabis one can smoke but there are always some who abuse themselves

I'm sceptical about that, too. A glass of wine is 'stronger' than any spliff IMOVHO.
It just saddens me to hear all the anti arguments, especially when they are bandied about by people who are quite happy to joke about their alcohol fuelled stunts.
There's not much worse than a drunk.

:iagree:
My first husband killed himself with booze despite the constant efforts of those around him who loved him.

Firstly can I ask your age and secondly please spend and hour and a half out of your life and watch the union on YouTube. It'll explain quite a lot for you because its clear to me you know nothing about this stuff. This is at a guess here but id say you'd have had a wee drink in your time or even a wee puff of a cig, maybe even a coffee or an headache tablet so I guess condone was abit to strong of a word to use.

URL]

'I know nothing about this stuff' I know that my best friend didn't drink but took the occasional puff of this harmless drug. My friend then graduated onto harder drugs. He died 5yrs ago of a drug overdose. So don't try and tell me about it. Maybe if there were tighter controls on it through being put on prescription it might work but if some dealer try to sell my children (yes I am old enough to have children) on the streets I would hunt then down like the scum they are.

My brother started smoking weed in medical school. He had to retake the same year 3 times. As soon ad he quit, his life carried on again. Weed is like pressing pause on your life. It is just as harmful as alcohol only in a different way. It destroys lives. Probably as addictive as any seditive and very easy for it to become a serious problem.

A lot of if's.

The high end criminal drugs business has all the resources money and to do this covertly through legitimate lobbying groups.

Just like any big business in the U.S. They would be stupid not to.

It doesn't take that much money to make U.S. politics protect an interest. Just research the Pro-Israel lobby and action commitees. This an example on public record where funding, on both sides of the houses, of politicians in the early stages of their careers works to ensure an interest is protected at great cost. There are others in agriculture, oil etc...

Back