• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Thinking about given up Beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mosquito

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
I am thinking about given up Beekeeping.
How much do you think I should sell all my stuff for.
Got 2 beehive ( 1 at this moment, got to split them. )
Plus got spare brood box's and roofs.
10 or 11 supers. (I think 8 supers have drawn comb)
9 frame plastic honey extractor.
And all the other bits and pieces.

Any particular reason why?

Obviously the value increases with live stocks in them. Bits and bobs at roughly half cat value.

Sorry to hear this.

PH

I am thinking about given up Beekeeping.
How much do you think I should sell all my stuff for.
Got 2 beehive ( 1 at this moment, got to split them. )
Plus got spare brood box's and roofs.
10 or 11 supers. (I think 8 supers have drawn comb)
9 frame plastic honey extractor.
And all the other bits and pieces.

Not been around for along time it seems Mozzie?
Used to post such a lot .
Sorry to see you go but when a hobby becomes a chore or crowds out some other calls on your time , then it's really better to let go than struggle :)
VM (John)

As you're not too far away Yalding & District Beekeepers Assn in Kent (YDBKA) are having a Beefayre & Auction on 13th May if that's of interest to you. Have a look at their web site which can be found if you do a search; also on Facebook. I'm afraid the site won't let me won't let me post a link.

Judy

That's a good point.
I forgot about the Crawley and Horsham Beekeeping Association.
I could give them the bees.
Put the lot on E-Bay.

Don't know what a fair price is but would be interested in your stuff myself if you contact me when you have a price.

All the best.

personally i would shove the lot on ebay as as small lots, at this time of year you will get the most for them, a quicker way but proberly slightly less money is to sell them here or to the localauction.

sorry to here your thinking of giving up. i have had the same thoughts for a year now but have decided to clear evry thing out and strip down to a few hives and to finaly give up on the volume and quantity and larger crop set ups

Looks like the best way to do this.
Is make this my last year and sell my 2 bee hive at the beginning of the year.
Then put the rest on E-Bay.

dont forget you shouldnt list live bees for sale on e bay

gave up beekeeping

Hi i gave up keeping bees last year had a very nice gentleman from norfolk bought
all the hives bees and equipment .The only reason they had to go was medical when they become life threatening from the stings common sense previels.The best hobby you can be involved in .

would definately recommend the ebay route, i put my old tin extractor which had been coated in a food grade spray on. it did the job, but not as nice as the new stainless one i treated myself to for my birthday. Would have been happy to get £50 back but someone paid 94 plus postage.

Just make sure that you are honest with what you list that is the main thing.

atb

Looking for second-hand bee keeping equipment

We are a young couple looking to get into bee keeping and would be interested in purchasing your equipment. My parents live near Crawley so could easily collect it for us. Is it still available? Thanks for your time.

hi do you still have thee be suet smoker and hive tool brush etc if so how much would you like ? kinde regards

Latest posts

Back