Technical info on Reversing Sensors.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
I fitted a set of sensors to my motorhome but because of the length of the van I had to lengthen two of the cables........

On testing, the dash monitor bleeps (annoyingly) but only the lights for the two sensors I altered the wiring on work. The unaltered ones dont work. If anything I would have thought that if cable length affected the correct operation, it would be the two I altered.

Anybody know please?

I dont know if they worked before I altered them because I couldnt plug them in.
May not be the same kit, but I have installed a couple of four sensor outfits. In cars so the wire had to be bundled and cable tied rather than lengthened. I assembled and mounted them in a cardboard box, powered by a jump start booster to check before drilling any holes. That meant I could check the angles they were sensitive to and find the minimum height they could be placed. They work fine, but there is nothing on the dash, they use only an audible bleeper which I mounted on the inside surface of the wing under the plastic moulding.

Possibly an impedance problem... did you solder the additional cable or make a mechanical connection with a choc block?

Try changing the sensor cables around in the receiver unit... to ascertain if sender or receiver units are faulty... label everything first and check polarity

I had similar problems on our 7.5 meter Motor-home.... fitted a radio operated set plus a reversing camera set up in the end!

Fortunately the hole size for the sensors was the same.

Yeghes da

Last edited:
Possibly an impedance problem... did you solder the additional cable or make a mechanical connection with a choc block?

Try changing the sensor cables around in the receiver unit... to ascertain if sender or receiver units are faulty... label everything first and check polarity

I had similar problems on our 7.5 meter Motor-home.... fitted a radio operated set plus a reversing camera set up in the end!

Fortunately the hole size for the sensors was the same.

Yeghes da

I soldered the cable.........for once doing something properly intead of twist and wrap with tape...

Usually the bleep doesn't happen until you get within range of an object and then the bleep gets more insistent the close you get. Bit confused why you only had to lengthen two of the cables, were they shorter than the others? Run a simple test with a twelve volt battery to ensure that power is travelling down the unaltered ones. Sounds like it could be a problem at the monitor end, if so then any chance of swapping the connectors, left for right and seeing if that works?
Best of luck, I hate it when you have fiddled and then it won't work cos you can't return it!

I had to alter two of the cables to reach to control box thing which is fitted under the van, and the only place I could fit it easily was near the offside and not in centre.

Latest posts

Back