Taken day off work for swarms

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fox403

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Yesterday got phone call from a Guy who had a big swarm in tree about 4 feet up,,he sent me sum pictures of this huge football mass of bees,,,I quickly told the lady who's pond I was doing that my missus was in labour and I had to leave :) ... time got home and phoned gentleman back the bees had gone! Gutted by this news I sat in the back garden with a beer were I noticed alot of bees taken notice of a empty hive I have
So I'm taken day off...pictures to follow later

a Guy who had a big swarm in tree about 4 feet up,,

Sounds like the guy exaggerates a tad. Bonzai?

Skiving for a swarm?

Madness.

Swarms are as reliable as chocolate fireguards.

PH

oliver sent pic was on bottom branch,,,box would slid nice under it...poly hive are u mad, it will be in the 80s out there got packs cold beer in the fridge and see the bees back at the old hive already ,,,its the wild bees from the walled garden cheaking it out,,,u can go and dig the rest of the pond out for me if u want,,new spade here for u ;)

If you are taking time off for scout bees perhaps you may need the rest of the week :banghead:

Just thinking of the client wanting to see photos of the baby :eek:

Good look

i had to think quick on my feet,, wonder if shes out getting a gift for the baby,,should i text saying baby could do with a new brood box ?

Just say 'false alarm'.... every thing will be fine.

I am totaly with you in this one i would sooo do a bunk from work for beer and bees any day!

If it's your own company it's your choice. Good luck to you.

The truth usually comes out. If it was my company, or I was your client, it might be a very different story.

Last edited:
Newbee sometimes u have got to say to yourself ..do u work to live or do u live to work,,,I at the point now I don't need to work,,,,,,so back to my beer mmmm

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

My Life Priorities

1.Craft Brewing
2.Kids
3.Wife
4.Bees
5.Vegetable Garden
6.Work
7.Mother-In-Law

Not all of these are compatible!

My Life Priorities

1.Craft Brewing
2.Kids
3.Wife
4.Bees
5.Vegetable Garden
6.Work
7.Mother-In-Law

Not all of these are compatible!

I like this term "craft brewing", which has sprung up in recent years. If it is done commercially, it is surely brewing, and if not, it is home brewing.

I haven't a problem with either, but it is somewhat gilding the lily.

I like your deplomacy and the home brewing v's craft debate (American term i believe) is for a whole different forum.
I brew good beer from grains that are supplied by a local farmer, its a bit more than home brewing.
I wish I could admit to being a craft beekeepeeper :eek:

100+ at the hive now,,,it must be today:rolleyes:

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Back