T B Testing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully humans were not destroyed a vaccine was developed ethiopia uses one as it cannot afford to throw billions away on compensation and into vets pockets we have two elderly cattle with horns and would gladly pay vaccine fee to protect cattle and reduce risk to vets.

Thankfully humans were not destroyed a vaccine was developed ethiopia uses one as it cannot afford to throw billions away on compensation and into vets pockets we have two elderly cattle with horns and would gladly pay vaccine fee to protect cattle and reduce risk to vets.

I don't know the details but I have heard of a vaccine BUT I believe in the food chain they can't tell the difference between vaccinated cattle and infected cattle so WE have chosen not to use it. Let's keep killing all these cattle and paying compensation because it's easier / cheaper. We need a vaccine to protect our cattle and our wildlife. I'm sure if we threw enough pennies at it we could sort it BUT!!

:rant: :sorry: But we live in a livestock rearing area (TB hotspot) where there are lots of households that are struggling to stay afloat.

Cattle all passed the TB test. I asked the vet the procedure if a reactor was found. Told animal DNA marked and a hair sample submitted to Animal Heath for confirmation test.

Mike

That's really good news Mike - a pint to relax with, tonight?

Great news Mike.:party:

Now just the tractor to sort,but at least that's in your hands.

Cattle all passed the TB test. I asked the vet the procedure if a reactor was found. Told animal DNA marked and a hair sample submitted to Animal Heath for confirmation test.

Mike

Great news ... it must be a constant worry when you have TB on your doorstep ...

We don't seem to be moving forward much in terms of vaccinating cattle against TB ... we more or less sorted it in our human population after WWII ... I can't believe that we don't have the technical ability to sort this problem ?

Back