Supercedure after split

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebouche

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,

I just saw two supercedure cells in my hive with queen that had been split.
The other hive has pollen going in just a week later and the queen cells in that one has just been capped last weekend.
I'm worried that the queen somehow moved or got squashed? I added a frame of brood just incase to the colony with the old queen.
Any other advice? Really tempted to open the supposedly queenless hive with pollen going in to see if they still have a queen and are going to swarm.

Thanks,

Are there any eggs or open brood in the hive? How long is it since the last time you inspected (i.e. when the queen might have been squashed)?

Are there any eggs or open brood in the hive? How long is it since the last time you inspected (i.e. when the queen might have been squashed)?

Couldn't see any, which is why I added a frame of brood and fresh eggs today.
I'm just wondering if pollen is going into my other hive if that means it is definitely with queen.

No queen or dead queen = emergency cells.

Thanks,
This I know so...what I should have asked is...if I go in the supposedly queenless hive to check if its queenless and there shouldn't be hatched queens yet by my calculations .Will I cause problems or is it only newly hatched virgin hives I have to leave after splits?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back