Sugar Prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the hobby beekeeper like me it's hard to beat Lidl at 82p per Kilo bag ;)

Last edited:
For the hobby beekeeper like me it's hard to beat Lidl at 82p per Kilo bag ;)

With 3 colonies you may need a fair bit of winter feed if you taken much honey off them this year.

Of course 105kgs is more than most will need for winter feed however there are some that will need more and there's spring to think about too or you share the sugar/cost saving with other beeks, sugar keeps.

At 82p p/kg you may want to consider going to Asda and buy 2kgs bags at £1.29 then it's only 64.5p p/kg but if you don't have to buy enough to consider it worth the few extra pennies saved.

If you do use my way then it's only 28p p/kg that's like buy 1 get 2 free for less time than trudging to the shops and back.

Russ

just followed Roachmans instructions for tesco online and found sugar now £1.59 per 2kg!!

they have obviously responded to demand by jacking up the prices.
oh well! we know the multi nationals actually rule the world.

pathetic goverments, of whichever party, like ours are to weak and incompetent to do anything of value except suck up to them.

rant over as i am sounding like Karl Marx!

just followed Roachmans instructions for tesco online and found sugar now £1.59 per 2kg!!

they have obviously responded to demand by jacking up the prices.
oh well! we know the multi nationals actually rule the world.

pathetic goverments, of whichever party, like ours are to weak and incompetent to do anything of value except suck up to them.

rant over as i am sounding like Karl Marx!

If you're looking to buy bulk sugar re-read posts 6 & 38

Russ

Russell

Sorry it was your post no.6 that i followed and not Roachmans and that showed £1.59/2kg and not £1.20/2kg which you had obtained.

i will try following your post no.38 but don't know how to 'clear cookies' as you advise.

mark

Russell

Sorry it was your post no.6 that i followed and not Roachmans and that showed £1.59/2kg and not £1.20/2kg which you had obtained.

i will try following your post no.38 but don't know how to 'clear cookies' as you advise.

mark

Hi Mark, usually under tools "clear private data", untick everything except cookies. Only a precaution just to make sure the tracking cookies don't foul up things.
Is it fairly clear what you have to do?
The 15kgs doesn't show on Tesco's site if you access them direct you need to go via mysupermarket.
Search sugar the 3rd item second line of results. "Trade Aid UK" T & L Fairtrade Gran'Sugar
Use the £15 off code at the Tesco checkout.
You initially pay £39.50 then the cashbacks are credited to your TCB account at a later date.

Russ

Last edited:
Had my 39 2kg bags delivered earlier today and noticed that they had charged me £1.59 even though the price was £1.29 when I ordered it a few days ago.

Spoke to the customer service centre who point blank refused to issue a refund so I told them to come and collect it.

Watch out, this is a Tesco con and im never shopping in there again

This has happened to me also. They have refunded 3.50 so far but not the 12.60 difference. I am tempted to tell them to pick it up if they don't refund. What looks to be good is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare. Shame for Tescos as this is NOW likely to be their last internet order from me.

Last edited:
It's really bad publicity for them, I know they are massive but if certain press or organisations found out like trading standards it wouldn't go down to well.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.666918,-3.017309

I'm sorry if some are having problems with Tesco. I know about offer to treat in shops but not so sure with internet shopping. If they accepted your order at a lower price they should honour that or at the very least inform you of the price increase before despatch!

Russ

Yes Tesco's are a funny bunch...i ordered two tons at £1.20 kg,before the price went up,to be delivered tomorrow...they are going to charge the full current price when it arrives,so instead of £1,200 as agreed with the manager when ordering,it's going to be £1,590.... thats what they think..lol.

Cheeky beggars did this to me as well. Having said that, they did refund the entire £12.60 without any question.

Here is my sugar mountain (beside part of my honey lake..)

(The buckets are 90lb jobs btw)

Just had the manager of the local branch on the phone and hes agreed to refund the difference of £11.70. Hes applied a bit of common sense and realised that its going to cost more than £11.70 to pick it up!:hurray:

He did say that they price match anyway and as its £1.29 at ASDA at the moment I could have got the money back anyway.

Needless to say I wont be using TESCO again

I just ordered mine 156kgs @ £80.62 = 0.52p / kg.

Ocado + voucher for 20% off 1st order, delivery for me was £0.00 between 8am-9am 1st Sept. :)

I'm happy as I don't need so much but have plent of storage space.

Yes Tesco's are a funny bunch...i ordered two tons at £1.20 kg,before the price went up,to be delivered tomorrow...they are going to charge the full current price when it arrives,so instead of £1,200 as agreed with the manager when ordering,it's going to be £1,590.... thats what they think..lol.

Do tell us how the haggling goes... I'm most interested!! Tesco's getout clause may be the words "guide price"...

Any trouble as a last resort send it back under the distant rules!

Why do some of my fingers work type faster than others?

well snotty Tescos have told me it is only a guide price so I have told them to come and collect it. They can change what ever price they want between ordering it and delivery so they tell me. I told them that was crap. What get me is that there is no onsistency between how they are treating everyone. I will now do my best to avoid all dealings with Tescos from now on in.

Back