Study Notes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moggs

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
On the understanding that Yates' notes would be of great vaue to me in preparation for any Module exams next year, I'm having difficulty in getting a copy from any supplier. I understand that a Version 2 may be available before long but to be honest I can't even find Version 1!

Any ideas?

Hi, contact northern bee books, they're website is showing a few of Yates' tomes including 5,6,7,8 of the modules although 1,2,3,4 is out of stock (but that's not to say it won't be re stocked soon).

Last edited:
Thanks JTD - I saw NBB had this - tried Waterstones too but they say 1-4 is out of stock.

I have been looking for it for 2 months (1-4), ordered it from Amazon & Waterstones ( cancelled the orders) after a month each. I have been on to Northern bee books they are reprinting it , it won't be available until spring. The next exams here are the end of March which isn't giving much time to go through it when it does come in

Take a look on eBay - copies appear on there all the time.

That said, Yates is not the bee all and end all of guides. Module 4 is no more and the books seem to contain many mistakes and a few opinions that are not necessarily shared by the majority. Other books and internet resources are available!

R2

Take a look on eBay - copies appear on there all the time.

That said, Yates is not the bee all and end all of guides. Module 4 is no more and the books seem to contain many mistakes and a few opinions that are not necessarily shared by the majority. Other books and internet resources are available!R2

Totally agree, gave up on module one info from it, not interested in their opinions just the facts. A lot of the rest is well out of date also. Hopefully the reprint will be updated somewhat and may then be worth waiting for.

On the understanding that Yates' notes would be of great vaue to me in preparation for any Module exams next year, I'm having difficulty in getting a copy from any supplier. I understand that a Version 2 may be available before long but to be honest I can't even find Version 1!

Any ideas?

Just browsing some books on play dot com and came across yates study notes for modules 1,2,3,etc. £134 unbelievable. Be cheaper to bribe the examiner ;)

On ebay as well for £104.

He has mis read the advert on Ebay,

the £104 is for the 6 book set, green book, red book, purple, blue etc...etc

Sorry, my mistake, but the one on play dot com i have just checked is still £135.29 for one book.

Sorry, my mistake, but the one on play dot com i have just checked is still £135.29 for one book.

it is a very bad advert on Ebay, i only realized after a long look it was for 6 books

hope it is a revison of volume one not just a reprint as yates green book needs updating, the Red book has already had its makeover

still a lot of views rather than facts though like in their beige basic book that says you should shave off the hoffman side frames and replacing with a screw or their veiw that all frames are glued as well as nailed

Back