Song about bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a horrible racket, not quite right in the head that lot.

You might want to check out the radio three winning carol competition winner of turning the poem "The Bee Carol" by Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy into a musical Carol. Its a lot more melodic.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4bq78QT7j5pz5cQwdmN84Lz/radio-3-carol-competition-2018

For those who have never heard of it...
Silently on Christmas Eve,
the turn of midnight’s key;
all the garden locked in ice —
a silver frieze —
except the winter cluster of the bees.

Flightless now and shivering,
around their Queen they cling;
every bee a gift of heat;
she will not freeze
within the winter cluster of the bees.

Bring me for my Christmas gift
a single golden jar;
let me taste the sweetness there,
but honey leave
to feed the winter cluster of the bees.

Come with me on Christmas Eve
to see the silent hive —
trembling stars cloistered above —
and then believe,
bless the winter cluster of the bees.

Last edited:
You might want to check out the radio three winning carol competition winner of turning the poem "The Bee Carol" by Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy into a musical Carol.

No thank you, one dose of that horrible noise was enough to never want to hear it again..

A dead hive and Cristmas Eve...

We have a song about frozen sparrow at Cristmas from the year 1859..

A teacher looked out of window anf asked from pupils, what is that tiny hairy animal in the three, which has beautiful eyes and beautiful tail and jumps from branch to branch.

John answered: Description resembles a squirrel, but if we take into account the date now, it must be Jesus.

Last edited:
No thank you, one dose of that horrible noise was enough to never want to hear it again..

Each to their own - I thought both good in their own way - but there again, I wouldn't part with money for either.

Latest posts

Back